AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
srp

Is anyone using the srp high vilosity.One of the back of the van hacks is using this and he is telling his customers that it is primerless and can drive in cool temps within 1 hour!Is this true,I have no experience with this stuff.

Re: srp

He has no basis in fact. The hacks make it up as they go along. Unfortunatly the industry has no policeing method to penalize or weed out these people.

Not sure but maybe safe in 1 hr @ 70 degrees, not in the cold,, and primerless???? There is NO such thing!!!! We just did an 03 pickup with 43000 miles on it, w/s cut out real easy, it was short cut, hand gunned sloppy bead on top of the factory bead, no primers, LOTS of rust starting,,, the only thing we saw for sure was the glass bug said-------YEP,,, SGC. gezzz don't they give their guys a power gun for the thane? I quess if your gonna short cut you might as well hand gun a little 418 on the factory bead. I'd laugh,,, but it ain't really funny, it's sad!

He is wrong about the primerless part. The SRP 101EZ is advertised as a primerless product but I would agree with XXX no such thing as a SAFE primerless urethane. According to SRP drive away time charts the Velocity has a safe drive away time of 1 hour down to 0 degrees and 0 % humidity. The catch is that their primers are to only be used above 40 degrees. So that begs the question how do you use a urethane that requires primer below 40 degrees? The answer I was given was that when they are talking about tempature for the primer they are talking about the tempature of the glass not the air, so their idea is to leave the glass in a warm van until you are ready to apply the primers. OK but what about the pinchweld????? Sounds to me that a mobile install under 40 degrees is pretty hard to do correctly with any product. For more information on SRP products their website is www.shatrproof.com

Instead of coming here for information, why not just look at the SRP web site or contact a local pilk branch and ask them, they should be able to provide you with the information they desire. I did notice you refered to this guy as a "Back of the van Hack" What do you drive?

Thank You,
Nutty

Subaru,knock it off dude!

WOW I use SRP urethane and its ok its not the greasest thing in the world, but i use it for cars at body shops i do that i know the car is there for multiple days, otherwise i use ESSEX Betaseal.. I think anyone not using primers is like a young lady in an aol chat room... Just asking to be featured on dateline . :)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com