AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sgc pricing

Took a job yesterday, SGC wanted to pay us less than the part was going to cost. Asked for 20% over our cost, told 10% was the limit we would have to get the rest direct from the customer. Guess their idea of fair and reasonable pricing differs from the glass shop's idea of it.

Re: sgc pricing

I had a sgc rep call and ask if we would do a door glass in a 92 tercel. Told the rep we don't agree to there pricing and wouldn't do the job. I then hung up and the rep called back asking for a price quote. I hung up again and they called back. I let the machine get it. What are they trying to do here? We have never done a job for them. Are they looking for more suckers? There is a safelite warehouse in commerce CA and a shop in woodland hills CA. They must be too busy to handle a lowly toyoya.

Tell them to call you back when they have a back glass on a Envoy, then you can quote them a price!

Go over rapelites head and go to the insurance company. You should be able to get 25 to 30% markup. Just walk up the ladded to get the correct answer.

If they called you three times and you not even an affillated shop, then that just goes to prove what I've always thought. They want to steer and steal, but only the profitable jobs, anyone had them try and steer a repair lately, I didn't think so.

If they called you three times, I'd shoot them a price, for whatever you want to charge. Aim for the stars, and see what they say. Ain't gonna cost ya nothing.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com