AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AGRR Mag

Has anyone seen the new issue of the AGRR Mag? Lots of interesting info there as well as some pretty interesting opinions!

Re: AGRR Mag

Just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. Nice Fein knife picture on the front!

Yep! LOL!! When you have a minute, check out some of the articles, some interesting stuff in there. How's it going?

Going good. Working on my signage for my van today. Trying to get my logos straight and such. Gotta look good for the customers.

Sounds like you are just plugging right along!! I'm so happy for you!!

Glass Lady, did you notice the "Field of Vision" column by the editor, "Profit or Non-profit". He's talking about the heated thread a couple of weeks ago here on the forum, you know the one you emailed me about regarding the contact? I think it had started because of Progressive rates. Looks like the guy is legit uh? LOL

I was just reading that article myself. I had no idea things in this forum sometimes made print. Thats pretty cool!

This is the first issue of this mag I have gotten. I always get the AutoGlass mag, which is good, but sometimes seems a little more geared towards the big guys.

, my friend how's it going? So you got your van instead of outfitting your Toyota, that's great I know it'll be easier to set up a van for mobile service and have all of your tools there, and safe. Pickups don't offer the same level of protection for your products or tools, or as many options regarding tools, IMHO. Have you signed your first account yet?
We're still here pulling for you, keep those prices up where they belong even though your overhead is low, so no one accuses you of "lowballing", just because your mobile. You'll make money toward that shop that way too. I know it'll be hard not to go lower or match prices sometimes just to compete, but try the safety speech instead...OK?

LOL!! I found out who he was but I'll admit that I was pretty leery at first. But then, you would understand my hesitating.

Thats the plan. Like everyone I have D/T and Safelite as competitors, but my plan right now is to focus on being competitive with the other independents in the area. I figure D/T and SGC are always going to be there doing their thing so why knock myself out trying to keep up with them.

I definitley decided to go with a van. My truck is just to low profile to be a good advertising vehicle. I can't lock up my tools so I'm facing a theft problem and being in an area which requires heavy interstate driving I'm worried about damage to the glass during transport. So a van was definitley the way to go.

I appreciate you guys pulling for me!

Hey, we've all been on the beginning end of starting a business. We all wish you luck and success!!

I have always felt that you are never too old or experienced to learn something new, and I learned a couple of things here.

Can I ask a legit question? How come AGN is not called a "Back Of the Van Hack" But everyone else that is a one man show like me is considered one? Just Curious..

That would be because AGN is just starting out in business like we all did at one time and he is trying to do things the right way. Not slop and drop. I don't know that anyone here has ever refered to you as that. IMHO, a back of the van hack is someone who buy's the cheapest materials he can find, low balls to get the job and just drops the glass in and runs to the next substandard job. I am not saying that everyone who is a one man show is doing that, but the one's who are, know who they are. AGN is just starting out, but he is going for quality materials, good service and quality installation. That would be the difference.

forgive me but i dont know what "IMHO" is. please decode for me. thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

IMHO is usually either "In My Honest Opinion" or "In My Humble Opinion".

Humble! LOL!!

I'm definitley not going for the "back of the van hack" title. Right now a shop is not in my business plan because I just don't think it makes financial sense when most AGR business these days is mobile...at least thats how it is in my area.

I use SIKA urethane and the correct tools to get the job done. I run a V bead, height depending on the vehicle. I prime both the glass and the pinchweld. I prefer to take my time on an installation...I hate feeling rushed.

AGN Say hi to the sika rep there aka "The Duke" He is a RIOT!!!

AGN - we started out just like you than I was able to buy out my dad and one other company .If I had it to do all over again I would have listened to my dad and just stayed mobile only for a few more years since thtat is what most of the customers want now days. Good luck and hope it all works out, as far as the back of the van hack title I dont think you have to worry much about that from what I have read of you posts .

A storefront gives your customers a PLACE to find you.The first thing i did before i opened was to find a storefront in a decent location.Again it's nice to have the shop for inclement weather.
And if you ever want to get out of the house for any reason,"i'll be at the shop for awhile"

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com