AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
89 Glass + Windshield To Go

Has anyone ever had any dealings with these two companies?

I went ahead and signed up to have them contact me about being on their "installer list".

Is this something you can make a decent profit on or do they want it so dirt cheap you end up losing money to do their job?

Re: 89 Glass + Windshield To Go

I think they are the ones who have glass.net. You type in your zip code, make and model automobile and what glass you need replaced and it gives you three "bids" for shops in your area. Haven't really heard any feedback about it yet.

we tried this a few years back and we never got a call. I called to ask them about it and they told me that they already have a service provider in my area but they would link the free online quote page to our website free of charge and then pay us a referal fee for each job they get through our web site.that never happened either. From what I heard they mainly use Safelite ,D/T, or Glass Doctor to do the work for them. then again who knows maybe they have changed.

Doing a job for them today. They contacted us several years ago. We do 1 or 2 a month for them. Pretty much the same as dealing with insurance companies.
This last fax I recd they were paying 40.00 on repair, 10 each additional. 20 off NAGS, 25 flat labor and 15 adhesive. Depending on the job a few times we have turned down the job because of mobile requirements or no profit with that discount structure. So far they keep calling even if we refuse some.

I would rather go broke sittin on my butt.

If you go to that website, just as if you are a cutomer, key in your zip code, it will bring up 3 different companies. When you call the numbers, funny, but, you get the same person at each #.

$25 FLAT LABOR? I am jumping on that ship NOT!!!

I know they deal with the big guys mostly. I used to work for one of the big guys and they did ALOT with 89 glass. However, I think they were charging the customer list+, while the glass company was only getting a fraction. We get one here and there now.

Let's see 20% off NAGS, 25. flat labor and 15 kit. Oh yeah we're just dying to work for FREE. I'm sorry but that offer is worse than Progressive.

I figured it was a waste of time. So far they aren't ringing my phone off the hook to sign me up. I figured it would be worth a post to see what you guys thought.

When I worked for D/T we did a few jobs a month for them and I am sure D/T was giving it away.

We get a few jobs a year from 89Glass (we are in a very small rural area, most consumers in this area use someone local, not shopping on the net). But the few jobs we do get , 89 Glass calls us for a quote then tells us if they can give us the job (which has always been a yes). They pay us by credit card after the job is completed. It seems like I did check the price their website quoted once after we did a job for them and it was like $100.00 more than what we charged them.

AGC Well they have to cover there expenses.. So i can understand them wanting to make money, pay there taxes,etc...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com