AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Uniforms or not?

Even though I am only a one man show right now I want to create a certain image for my customers. Do you think uniforms would be a good idea or not?

A lot of glass companies around here just order t-shirts and use those. I thought I might do something a little different.

What say you?

Re: Uniforms or not?

We have nice sweatshirts & hoodies for the winter, t & polo shirts for the summer. Either season, black pants or jeans.

Thats usually what I wear. I just thought an actual uniform may stand out a bit more. I have to look at the costs yet and decide.

I like the hoodie idea!

Dress for success. Neat, clean and professional.

You want to stand out, Jacket and tie with a shop apron with your logo.

a jacket a tie on an auto glass installation?

I'm my own salesman and technician. So I need to find some way of bridging the gap between sales nice and tech nice!

It's very elegant and makes a statement, yes, I have done in the past. Try a tux. with tails.
Maybe not a tie, but you get the idea. You say you are trying to bridge the instal/sales gap...

Tie or Tux would be overkill in this market. Polo shirt and slacks or even jeans is about what I would think would work for around here. Even the full time salespeople here do not where suits and ties. I picture a used car salesman or a Insurance salesman when I see something like a tux or suit and tie.

Other markets are different. So you need to take that into account.

AGN, I think StreekyD is yanking your chain here. LOL!! At least I hope so! If you are calling on Insurance agents or big shots at a large company. A black pair of pants and a polo shirt will work. Most will assume that you are working. For car lots or body shops, a sweat shirt or polo shirt with your logo on it will work. These guys like talking to the person doing the work anyway! Whatever you wear, be neat and clean!! Not that I think you would, but if you go in ANYWHERE looking like a slouch, they will wonder what their vehicle will look like when you are done with it. Sell YOURSELF AND YOUR COMPANY!! Hey, you CAN DO THIS!!!

Maybe a little, but you all got the point, neat, clean, respectable and professional.

Some nice Dickies and a logo'd shirt. You can go to those places in the mall that do the screening is cheap. JC Pennys or Walmart are fair priced on the Dickies pants. That way you don't ruin your own clothes for after hour by getting goo on them!

i think dickies and a polo shirt look nice along with a greeting to the customer introducing self by name

All good info AGN , I think I'd reserve the Tux and Tails for after hours jobs LOL. Our guys wear Logo'd polo's or t-shirts and khaki's or jeans. In the summer even though he doesn't really like it the boss allows the guys to wear khaki or jean shorts as long as they look nice and tuck their shirts in. It is really hot in the summer here in the south.

Agn...Are you Installing Mobile??if so what's the condition of your vehicle....That's part of your first and lasting impression......As far as Uniforms go....Black Jeans and a Polo shirt, Sweatshirt Etc work fine....Clean and Neat...Stay away from Button Down shirts as they could scratch a vechicle if rubbed up against.

dont overlook the obvious
its almost holloween and you are the agn right?

I have considered the vehicle image and really wrestled with it. I was going to use my truck, but its just not the image I want to project. I bought an '03 Chevy Express this last week. Got a super deal on it and it looks brand new even though its got 35K on it.

I hate to have a car payment just starting out, but I feel it is the right thing to do image wise and performance wise.

I think I will do the polo and sweat shirt idea with the dickies. Most people around here will respect that. I'll just keep a clean shirt on the van for slaes calls!!!

Agn.....I ran an express van for 3 years and put over 100,000 miles on it......The best piece of advice I could give you is keep the mantience up.....engine, trans, and rear lube changes......Also change the air filter and do the tune up's.....It will pay Off.....Dress it up with a bug shield and rain guards....it will look sharp....
I also Tinted my back and side windows to give a little added security....Good Luck

Uniforms as well as the appearance of your vans is one key to building your image. I know a lot of well respeced regional companies who have great uniforms, vans and colors. In the end your image, service, quality and price drive sucess.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com