AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Late pay's from Globe/gerber?

Anyone else have a problem with gerber cutting checks then waiting 2 months to mail them? please contact me via email...

Re: Late pay's from Globe/gerber?

How do I contact you via email?

They tell us it is the Ins. Co. fault. That they do not get the invoices fast enough from them in order to process. We just remind them that there is a Timely Payment Law and everytime they are late, we mail a letter to the Ins. Co. they work for, the State Insurance Commissioner, etc. We usually get a check within the next 10 days because the ins. co. know they can be fined for continued late payments!!!

Yes this has ALWAYS been there response. I have just fax them our invoice the day the job is done. Plus I mail them a copy. I seem to be getting paid within 30 days by doing this. They will also fax you an open order report after 30 days. This will ensure you didn't forget to bill them!

ASAG, just click on his mailbox under his name and his email address will be there. Don't know about your system but once I've clicked and the address comes up I click on that and my email opens with the address in the TO: field ready to enter subject and start typing. Bachman is super nice about responding to emails, I know.

we won't bill gerber anymore because of slow pays, we don't see hardly any claims through them any ways.

They prefer to send out their own technician if they can talk to the insured into it. But if they can't service the person, they will call around to shops they have on a list to see if you will be willing to take the job. In our area they have or had their own shop.

We used to do some work for Gerber. They wanted to buy the glass from a major supplier for us and pay us to R&I the glass. They were terribly incompetent at getting the glass to the right place and consistently had the supplier bill our account instead of theirs. That part was simply a headache.

To make matters worse, they would consistently late pay (60+ days) and use the "we haven't been paid by the insurance company" excuse. Yeah, it's my fault that your collections department can't do their job!

Even though we got a lot of work from them, we ended up dropping them after a couple of months.

We have been working with them for along time, and they have always been late on paying,(60 - 90 days). But a couple of months ago they started to go through LYNX. They are now alot better at paying, within a month time. They have also payed all of there back claims. They have gotton better for us.

I am cool with gerber now, & hope to stay that way, I sure as hell miss all the work in az!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com