AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bait and hook or catch and release

I had a customer come in last week with a broken back glass in a 98 subaru forester, his dad is a good customer I have done about 20+ windows in the last year for him and his company so I gave him a price for 340 out the door, he came in today said he called "s" they quoted 177 and came out and 2 days after they said they would and told him they have to get a moulding and the job would be 438.90, so we are doing it tommorrow "s" does that all the time around here, they are one of my best salesmen lol

Re: Bait and hook or catch and release

We have had that happen a few times around here also . I love it , The AutoGlass Industry Is A War!!

If you look closely at qoutes on their website it also says NO MOULDINGS included. We see here this a lot especially on Subaru's with the expensive mouldings, sometimes $100 higher bid because we include the moulding in our bid.

I just remind customers that if a shop says "that includes everything" get it in writing BEFORE they start the job. Besides, it really makes you look good when you quote everything needed (except rust treatment perhaps), and they show up at "s" and then have to leave because they add "add'l parts" and they are not much less or cost even more than you do in some cases.

Ok so whats the deal? S is honest and posts it. when you go to vegas do you really think your going to get a hooker for $100 hell no thats just to have her model for 10 seconds, then you got to pay extra.. i am not sure but i think dave from sgc network would look good in a skirt... just a thought... atleast with a ***** you get some :)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com