AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GOOD RIDANCE AT D/T

Rumor has it the power couple is gone! That's right. Doug, Karen, and the HR nightmare they called Director and VP are GONE!!! Norm Harris is allegedly back, and for DT's sake I hope so!! Hoo Rah for Kenny! Mr Levine, this is the smartest thing you could do!!

Re: GOOD RIDANCE AT D/T

Well, well, well, that would be interesting. I thought they were out to change the world. Or at least the nation.

...but wait a minute...uh...um...someone told me that Douggy and Karen were gonna get CERTIFIED!!!!! I don't get it, man-Ol Normy has a BIG job ahead of him-Got a call today from one of their big city salesmen who was canned yesterday-His branch went from 150k per month to 80K and they pinned the blame on him-And this guy has been in his market for 25 years!!

Thats what I just heard. Also heard rumer they are going to shed all sales reps.

This is the news we all have been waiting for. We can NOW trust our proven leader, we will rally behinde him. Welcome back Ken.

I am not surprised by these turn of events at D/T.
Doug and Karen have little to no experience in auto glass, and D/T needs industry talent to pull them out of their tailspin. Drinking bottles of Dom Perignon at the companies expense will only be tolerated for so long, and they took Ken for quite a joyride. They
have got to start treating their people better and focus on the basics, like answering the phone when it rings. They really need to stop the lowballing and go after profitable markets, and they have some real
weak operations people, who have no business savvy making bad decisions every day. Could go on and on
but dinner is waiting !!

Rumors, Rumors, I want to see some written proof from D/T . Not only that why would Norm want to go back and clean up all the crap. It would most likely be a good move on D/T's part but I would sure hate to be the clean up crew that got stuck with that job.

They
have got to start treating their people better and focus on the basics.

This we know is true

SsssHHHHHhhhhh!!! Don't give them any bright ideas now!
If this is true.....It just goes to show what happens when you get too big and the poorly paid installers get greedy and go out on their own. I see the same thing happening to Belron. Sorry but all I can do is laugh right now

glassguynow, you're awful quite on here today...

First of all its good Riddance, lets not butcher the English language. Secondly, this is no rumor, the two do nothings are gone and Normy is back. D/T is losing millions every month and its not just from the rebalance. Here in the northeast they should be kicking but with all their locations, but they continue to flounder with poor management if any at all, and very unhappy employees. They need to put a concerted effort into sales and marketing and they also need to completely revamp their operations. As much as I despise D/T, they did go after stinklite, and for that I give them some credit.

Allelujah! Allelujah!
Allelujah! Allelujah! Allelujah!

I am so happy about the changes at DT. I would love to know how come Glass Guy Now and you know who I am are so quiet now. Did they really think we didn't know who they were. I also say Good Riddance!!!!! Welcome back Norm Harris we missed you, I think that everyone at Diamond is celebrating tonight.

It's true those no good rotten, low down, do nothings are gone. Normey's back and Ken has his game face on.......When the news came out about their exit employee Moral through-out the company went from it's lowest ever to touching the sky!!!!!

It will be great to watch all the do nothing brown nosers that stepped on everyone to please the "couple" try to get back in the graces of those they stepped on. By now, their efforts must be transparent and I hope everyone at D/T sees it.

hr girl- her nose was really brown. she thought her you know what was ice cream

I wonder what Doug and Karen were thinking stepping on everyone. They pushed and pushed looks like they pushed themselves out of a job. Those two from HR are gone also, maybe they should have thought about their actions before becoming one of them. Thank you Mr Levine for coming to everyones rescue. Morale is finally outstanding.

Morale is great because the "fear" for their jobs is gone. Well maybe except for those who thought they couldn't be touched because they were good little lackies. The should go too.

I HEARD THEY WERE TAKEN OUTSIDE AND STONED TO DEATH....I HOPE THAT'S TRUE. I WISH I COULD OF BEEN THERE TO WITNESS IT. THEY PUT ALOT OF PEOPLE THROUGH HELL THIS THIS WEEK...WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW DOUG & KAREN??? YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD EVERYONE BY THE BALLS BUT YOU GOT KICKED IN YOURS!!!!!!!LOL...LOL....LOL...HA..HA

Now what?Back to the same old?Even lower prices,Crappeir work,whats new!!!

Now it's back to business. Quality work at a fair price. It's back to having people really care about what they do and want to go to work in the morning. Midwest shop don't be jealous.

Yea,Im jealous all right.It will just be easier to get more work again.You guys go through so many changes it is hard what to beleive.Does this also mean now you guys will be doing gm dealerships for 125.for everything,or should we still expect 165.Dumb.Your worst enemy now is belron.What is your plans with this one,Im curious smart guys?

The only ones rejoiceing are D/T employees. I'm sure D/T will revert back to its strategy that they grew up on. CHOP the price and do as many in a day as fast as you can. Dam qualty and full speed ahead. In my opinion D/T has never been a good influence in the industry.

i have never seen so many smiling and relieved faces in one building......

Wow. Morale was definitley a problem at D/T since everything went corporate. Its hard to say what'll happen.

I guess now we just wait and see what their next move will be. Same old, same old, or what?

THAT COMPANY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.THEY NEED RICHIE RUTTA BACK. THAT WAS A MAN WHO CARED ABOUT EVERYONE. FROM HIS TOP MANAGEMENT TO THE KID THAT CLEANED UP THE GARAGE. EMPLOYEES WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR HIM. KENNY SHOULD BEG HIM TO COME BACK

I agree. There are a lot of people who should be asked back. People who worked hard and were only doing what was asked of them. After all of this time I should hope they realize that just throwing the glass in does not work either. I'm sure all of the business they lost was replaced with quality work and now that the customers have gotten that they will expect it. So if DT wants to gain any respect back, they will have to start producing quality work. Can they do that and still low ball?

It would take God and an act of congress to get Ritchie back at D/T. I don't think even that would work.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com