AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new website or organization?

Has anyone thought of launching a webiste dedicated to rating insurance companies from a service provider standpoint? I know agrr or autoglass magazine does a survey each year, but what about a website supporting that data. Maybe a page to direct you to service provider complaints against insurance companies with links to each state's ins. commisioner, a rating page for different criteria (quickest to pay, most "fair and reasonable" rates, ease of processing, etc)?

Some friends of mine are looking to start one in our local area for businesses to track those consumers that write bad check etc, sort of a "look out for this guy" site so other businesses do not get taken. They have found people seem to go hog wild just before they commit these types of fraud and usually several businesses get stung and then all end up in court trying to recover the funds.

Just an idea and was wondering what everyones thoughts were.

Re: new website or organization?

kinda reminds me of the Dr. Phil show when that lady who has a website that ladies dish on their dates. The guy has a lawsuite on her for giving him a bad reputation!!!
I don't think I would want to have the Insurance industry slap a lawsuit on me for that!! But if you get a really good lawyer to monitor the site, you might have something usefull

We already have looked into it. As long as it is "opinion" based, there is little they can do about it. It is a survey that would be conducted and then shared on the site, with various breakdowns. The "complaint" part was not a forum like this, but web links to state agency websites that have complaint forms available to consumers and service providers.

We would certainly not be trying to dump on anyone, but make available a resource for service providers, including mechanics, body shops, auto glass, etc.

Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

I wouldn't hold my breath while the insurance companies line up to fix things because of it, but if it aids the public and helps even in the smallest way its definitley valuable.

If you're worried about and/or have had a bunch of bad checks, there are a ton of check verification companies online that you can instantly verify funds before your tech leaves the job, and for the small charge per use they guarantee payment if it bounces. Google it.

My friends site would also include customers that pressure shops with "free service", "unreasonable complaints", "false claims of broken parts", etc. It is usually like this "well that scratch wasn't there, but I am willing to forget about it if you will install new wiper blades on my vehicle for free" or something along that line. We rarely see this in our shop, but many service companies in this area do have these types of customers on a regular basis.

It would not be a blacklist site, but a heads-up site that would hopefully let you know when doing work for "certain people" they make a routine habit of those things so you could try to head that off, or limit your liability when they try those tactics.

How would that be possible to check every customer's name in an area with a population of millions, like here? People give out false names like they're donuts. Plus every time someone gets ****** off at someone, they'd add 'em to the list. Ain't gonna work, but good luck, let us all know when it's up and running.

I agree with Glassgod as to the feasibilty, but also would add a "legal beagle" could have a field day with this if you put people's name in a derogatory manner on a web-site for all the world to see. IMHO

WWW.BADFAITHINSURANCE.COM

WWW.ALLSTATEINSURANCESUCKS.COM

Thers a ton out there you just have to look for them, This one is the best.

I would rather see one set up by a neutral source for the auto glass industry kinda like the way they rate hotels on the net. Rate the facility, short bio, and especially the customer comments. The customer comments should be verified before being posted good or bad. Each location having their own listing. I wonder what all the ghost shops would list?

Here is a link to the Rate the Insurers article published in the September/October issue of AGRR:
http://www.usglassmag.com/AGRR/Backissues/2006/SeptOct2006/WhichInsurersRateBest.htm

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com