AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"Fair market price"

So I was wondering where exactly do the insurance companies come up with the so called fair prices, the only way I can see them coming up with these prices is they are calling so called "tailgaters" or one man shows, but to be on there preffered list you have to have a commercial location and liability insurance so they would be comparing apples to oranges hence the low ball price....

Re: "Fair market price"

alls you have to do is pick up your phone book and make some calls to local glass shops. That is how they get their so called "Fair Market Pricing". We give out the price and they go from there. Or they just let SGC figure it out for them.......

they say you have to be in a store front location but i know of about 3 mobile only techs that used to work for me that are on lynx and they get more lynx jobs than I do .

The fair price is Safelite's price. Everything is based upon what Safelite feel is fair. We take the pricing sheets that are faxed to us and throw them in the recycle. We charge our price and we get it by being agressive with the claims managers. Of all the claim managers I talk to most say they never hear from glass shops.

Even Hal has told me he never hears from anyone. Most do not agree with Hal's pricing model, but if you call him he is very receptive and gets right on the problem if there is one. If more people called the descion makers such as Hal and speak to them about your business and problems maybe we would get somewhere. It seems most are afraid to do this and would rather complain and whine to others. Be agressive and you will get your price.

Good points, however, some of these glass claim managers are hard to contact if you can even locate the proper source to contact them. And if you do get them, you get the same old line "that is why I hired (TPA) call them." Of course the TPA will tell you the Ins. Co. determines the pricing (forgetting to mention to you that they suggested a price structure).

The ones that are easy to contact will usually respond faster thru email. I know both Mr. Bischoff and HAL are both good in this reguard.

I don't seem to ever have a problem getting a hold of them and I don't let them tell me to deal with the TPA. The insured's contract is between them and the insurance company not the TPA. The people I contact are the ones that make the program, usually get them on the first call.

I understand the whole cost of living thing and glass shops paying different prices for the same supplies. But how can it be even close to fair when there is such a HUGE difference between the discounts from A,B, or C market? NAGS plus 125% to NAGS less 48%. How in the heck is that considered even close to being FAIR? I would tend to think that is Price Fixing by the TPA's in the different markets. Isn't having the glass shops on the networks charging the same prices considered Price Fixing? It's not like we all pay the same for gas from one gas station to the next. I just don't get it. I've read too many posts today!! My brain is full for the day!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com