AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Same ole same ole

Its so funny how I can go months and not read these forums and when I do its always the same thing.Bashing the big guys,complain about the networks,and talk about the bad installing thats going on.What we seem to forget is that its not the company that does the wrong all the time,but the installer...One day a bad installer works for D/T,quits and goes to safelite.So does it make the company bad,no.So when are we going to realize that as individules we do what we think is right,but sometimes overlook whats right in front of us.I know guys who have installed for years,almost decades.Well the ones that suck,still suck....The good ones are far and between.So before we start bashing anymore companys,lets realize that when there instaling sucks,lets find out who it is and where he started installing....Just a thought...

Re: Same ole same ole

True bad installers are always around. BUT, the Big Boys know how long it takes for an installer to do a good job. They over load the installer to the point they have to cut corners to complete the assigned jobs in a day. If I sent a man out on the road at 8:00 AM with 8 w/s and he is back by 5:00PM and completed every one. I KNOW corners were cut on some jobs. That is the employer’s fault.

and when they don't send you out with the all the supplies for the job for example clip kits, mouldings,etc. when i worked for safelite i never got a clip kit with a w/s and my manager mentioned liqiud clip more than once. they force good installers to do less than quality work.

BAQ, Thank You well said.

Funny that "bad installer" is jumping from DGC to Safelite, guess he couln't get hired by an independent with strict quality standards. Too bad for the bad installer, guess he's stuck with bad employers until he learns to do quality installs. Guess I have a bit of an attitude today, betweeen State Farms new rates and the install I just had steered away by the the other guys just has me today about the whole sorry way insurance companies get to just write their own rules and have no regulations (at least it would appear), yet are free to impose them on service providers as well as their insureds.
friggin' 's.

Just watched a safelite tech installing windshield across the street. 40 minutes on dw1341gby, never removed the cowl or wipers, used a long knife to trim urethane (even cut the interior 'a' pillar plastic, DID use glass and body primer (although he forgot to wipe or brush the pichweld after cutting urethane), stuffed the glass back in the whole, washed only windshield, dropped wipers down on glass and away he went.

Now what really bugs me is Mr. Moses (whom I have met and is honestly a nice gentleman) is in charge of this "training?" correct? And Safelite says they are the "auto glass experts" , and even worse is that AGRSS has allowed them to be part of their membership??? Safelite doesn't even endorse AGRSS do they? I have never seen it anywhere on there invoices, fliers, website, etc. And yet AGRSS council allows them to be part of this "safety" movement?

I just do not get it. Guess money talks? Sad thing is, a company like safelite, if that glass ever does fall out or gets someone hurt, will simply blame the installer(he is just a piece of meat to them, they can always find another) because he completed their "training" program which removes them from liability in their eyes, and he will take the fall.

That is the saddest part of all these giants. They "train" you in order to cover their own a**, and then over load your work day so that you cannot possible complete them without cheating somehow. I feel bad for those installers everytime I talk to them. Well, except the "happy" ones that think everything is ok cause he makes $50K a year and thinks that is alot, until he figures out he worked over 75 hours a week to make that much. I will leave all of you to figure out his hourly wage.

Do you have a telescope or binocs?

Didn't need them. The tech was only about 40 feet away so I could clearly see the opening. He also had the rear of his van open to me. Next time I am taping it all, and sending Mr. moses a copy.

I know that was a bit of a rant, but it gets so old hearing all this "safety" "safety" "safety" and yet I watch a national chain, that could and should be doing more to push "safety" and yet they are still slapping in glass. Just very, very dissappointing. Instead of taking the lead in this effort, they are one of the worst offenders.

THE WORST, not one of.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com