AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
dealerships

Hey guys(and gals),Do you ever do contracts with aggressive prices to dealers to keep there work.I know this sounds not very profitable,but I would like to keep doing there work.Belron keeps dropping the price on me.It has gotten so bad that they are doing most gm shields for 165.Some may think that is good,but for around here it is low.They do a alot of glass(2-3 week)which adds up.I just dont want to loose that cash flow.Thanks

Re: dealerships

We have the same problem here in N. Texas.One company keeps lowering prices so we lower ours by $10-20 and then they go and cut prices again so we just told the dealer if you want a low prices -vs.- quality than fine but if you would like a quality install with quality glass than give us a call.We lost them for about a month then they came back at the old pricing.

2-3 a week I mean if it came down to it you could pull in an extra 2-3 cars a week to help cover the loss of the dealer and still end up making more money.

There isnt alot of loyalty among car dealers.Have you tried service first.What I mean is jump a few times when they need you.Let them know hey,you may not be the cheapest but your work is quality,and service is impeckable....just a thought.

$165.00 is low anywhere, we are a small independent in a small rural town in the south, and we don't do anything for anybody for $165.00.

Belron tried the same with us but at $135 per W/S. Our dealerships basically told them they don't want to do business with them!! We love our Dealerships and they love us.
See what happens when Belron starts hiring SGC people.... nothing more to say

No I would go the other route, if they need something fixed ASAP I would tell them we are to busy but we can get to it tomorrow. Don't jump through hoops for them, the other company offered price and that is what mattered most. You have to let them see why they paid you more. It was for the service not the overall job itself.

eyes wide open is on the money... we're in the midwest and have been hit by the belron bug for which, by the way, there is no vaccine..... our dealerships have been hit hard by belron... some of the dealerships have chosen to take the cheaper price... and i DO mean cheap..... we get the "gotta get this done nowi'm in a real jam!" calls... if we can do the job that day, we do.... we ever so nicely remind them that their new company can't seem to service them when they need it most.... if it doesn't work into our schedule...oh,well....... we seem to be getting these calls more often now.... we're also getting calls to fix their screw-ups.... these calls we're not willing to accommodate... who wants to buy someone elses mess?????? patience----

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com