AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A VERY Useful Website

Beyondparts.com, the State Laws Link.

http://www.beyondparts.com/states/states.htm

Re: A VERY Useful Website

That was useful Mark1, Thanks!!!

MARK1, thanks alot for the link that is just what I needed, now maybe we can be as well informed as you are, or at least on the way.

I wasn't surprised to find at our state's site regarding "STEERING" it stated;

"WE HAVE NOT FOUND ANY LAWS YET"

I'll bet no one is a hurry to find, make or introduce any laws or regulations either, call me a conspiracy theorist but I know insurance companies donate too and lobby politicians to keep or maintain laws that work in their interest. They can say in this state they have "found" no laws but can't say they haven't heard of the practice because I sent (state insurance commissioner) them proof in 2005. Signed letters from insureds as well as the latest info available at that time regarding IGA vs. Safelite.
As long as the right people get stay fat and happy they are happy to keep their heads in the sand or pretend the general public isn't getting screwed by insurance companies, and independent AGR shops aren't fighting steering, unfair trade practices, restriction of trade etc, etc,.... ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. I'm going back and do some more research, I saw something interesting regarding misrepresentation of the "origin" of services to be performed regarding repairs in the collison industry, should apply to AG as well. Going to brew some more coffee and get back to it, thanks again Mark1.

The research was done with a lot of hours of volunteer effort by a few individuals. The main people behind it developed health problems before it was completed, and now, as it says on the page, may not be current (2003).

Nevertheless, it should help a person get in the right direction, and if nothing else, skip to relevant sections in your state statutes once you find the way in online. THat should save at least a couple of hours off the top of any search efforts.

Bear in mind, there may be other sections that are applicable from specific state laws that are not included. The statutes were searched for specific language and phrases to find the appropriate sections most relevant to the issues at hand. The trouble is, each state has different language, context, and contents, let alone different surfing software in the sites the statutes are online with. So, while a state may not have listings for 'anti-steering' laws, it may mean that the state does not have any, OR it may mean that the efforts searching were unable to find any data at that time.

As much as it requires massive amounts of coffee to stay focused, don't be afraid to scroll around in your state statutes when you get in. Sometimes it's the only way to find what one is looking for, despite the technology.

And, you're welcome, but the credit for this site goes to a lady whose nickname, an appropriate one at that, was "Ninja Grandma". She is missed.

I hate it when a member of the ninja family goes.

Very useful site. It would take a long time to compile all of that.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com