AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
frustrated

Just received a call from an account we do work for one of his employees needs a w/s asks us to do it, we say yes, he has insurance I tell him how to report his claim etc.... just called me back saying the insurance company told him to go to safelite, he said he wanted us to do the work they told him it could take are you ready.......up to 2 to 3 WEEKS to get the proper approval for us to do the job! The owner of the car is now going to call his agent directly to see what the deal is, unbelievable...... in the mean time the customer is trieing to work himself... sooooo frustrating!!!!

Re: frustrated

Mary, get his claim number and get him on the phone, call the network with him on the line and they will have to authorize it to your shop, it's the law. Tell him under no circumstance to allow any shop but yours touch his car.

And that is how jobs are steered away by SGC.

thanks glassgod! Just did exactly what you said and in seconds it was approved. Customer is so mad says he is going to get the w/s fixed and drop his insurance he is still waiting for his agent to call him back, he has been with them for 10 years first claim... geezzz, I feel bad for the guy this has really taken up alot of his day. thanks again for your help!

It's a sad thing we have to jump through rings of fire to retain OUR customer (it's not the ****ed TPA's customer, it's OURS). After you've been steered right in front of your eyes, you'll find and remember ways to keep YOUR customer.

It's really a crying shame that we can't get someone from the insurance commission to check out this forum. Common sense would tell you that this many people couldn't be making this up!! But then, there is NO SUCH THING AS STEERING!!!

HEY MARY,
WHAT INSURANCE COMPANY DID YOUR CUSTOMER HAVE?

It is Gieco I hope I'm allowed to post this

Safelite records most calls. Call and provide GEICO with the date, time, policyholder name, etc. These insurance companies DO NOT always know just how often this "tactic" and others happen. Some TPA's simply blow it off as a little competitor being upset they lost a job, to the insurance companies. Just be very sure of your facts and keep the policyholder involved. Geico may not let you listen to the recording but the policyholder should have right to hear the taped conversation.

Until the insurance companies start believing what we are all telling them about steering it will just get swept under the rug. It can work and there are some in the insurance industry that hate steering in any form (tpa, agent kickbacks, etc.).

As I posted before we have a few ins. co. now requesting we call them immediately when "tactics" are used to either steer the job or make it difficult ("cannot verify coverage at this time") for the policyholder and/or the service provider to complete the service in a timely fashion.

Do not give up! What some TPA's are doing WILL come back around on them.

Boy oh BOY!

If it wasn't for Hal, a person would start to believe, after reading this board, that there is a massive conspiracy nationwide to make the TPA's look BAD!

Thank goodness a voice of reason is here to assure us that it just ain't so!

On the other hand.....mabey there IS a conspiracy.....

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com