AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safety Insurance making us shop the dealer prices

We had about 25 invoices from Safety that were short paid. We called to find out why and Paul Segota (glass supervisior?) said they were able to buy it cheaper from the dealer ...so that is all they were going to pay even though we used PPG. No one ever notified us of this. No fax or memo was received. One particular part was a vent that cost 161.00. The dealer list was $13.00 So that is all they paid. A couple questions arrise now that I know this,(1) What if the customer asks to leave there car because it will take 4 days to get that part,can I charge for indoor storage? (2)What idf the customer needs to wait 4 days and asks you to spend the next 15 min taping up his glass,can we charge for this? (3) What about the part warrantee, the dealer will not give you a new glass if it is found to have a problem a year from now like PPG will. What are some of your thoughts on this? How have you been handling it?

Re: Safety Insurance making us shop the dealer prices

I would just have those customers pay me cash from now on. They can fight with their insurance company. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the same thing we do with a few other insurance companies that with either A) not pay reasonable rate, or B) make the claim process to lengthy or difficult for us or the insured.

WOW I haven't heard such a blatent SCR$@&W you like that without a warning first. I have to agree, Make the customer Pay and submit the bill.

Each State probably has a little bit different rules, but I would suggest going to small claims court on each one. File in the court where your customer resides. It's usually around $15 or so to file a small claims court case.

Call the customer and explain the problem. Ask them to help you or otherwise you will have to bill them the difference. You will get your money when the customers lays into Paul Segota's boss.

If you are in MA call Peter from the MGDA he will make a lot of waves on this one!

Short pays are big time losing, by tpa's and ins co's , when you take them to small claims or arbitration. #1 if you are not trying to get more than you are worth , but in fact trying to get what you are worth,, small claims or arbitration will get you paid in full,, and the tpa or ins co look like FOOLS! The industry basically forces us to use nags, but when it suits a few they try to go dealer parts''''''''' BS,,,, again,,,, BS,, in court they will rule in favor of the norm,,, which we all are forced to used,,,, NAGS LIST,, they will pay,,, they lose!!!! hands down,, Please don't let "them" get away with bs..... it won't fly... If you accept it you are the problem!!!! it will only take a few well placed letters, and be willing to back it up with ACTION!!!

Here in MA we are dealing with the same thing, they said "they sent a fax to everyone on their list", but we never got one either. If this is the first check you got with short pay call them and tell them you never got the fax, they will "refax" it to you and also send a check for the difference. We go and tell our customers there is no warrenty with their glass, and we even had one customer call and complain, that they now wanted a car rental while the glass had to be ordered. Need to say, we got NAGS prising.
Good luck
They are becoming one of my very least faviorte ins. comp. With this and the picture thing.

I'm curious what pricing the FAX authorizations describe? That would be a place to start. But also, e-mail them the postings/articles about all the insurance companies being court ordered to reimburse short pays that Mark1 has posted on this forum recently. Always check costs/pricing allowed when dealing with insurance, and then decide if you will bill insurance co. direct or ask CAR OWNER to pay and why.

GlassGod is giving good advice, you should be paid by the rates that were applicable and listed on your referral, (which 9 out of 10 state + or - % of NAGS). Rate changes only apply to referrals received after the faxed notice of rate change, or in other words your invoices from referrals dated prior to the fax are not subject to those rates or changes to whose list they are using dealer or NAGS. It's the same as the situation that occurs when new NAGS publications come out, and you're submitting EDI invoices on the same day but maybe at different rates due to when the referral was issued. If the referral was issued on say the 10th, and rate changed on 11th..but you don't invoice and perfrom the work until the 15th, you still get paid at the rates in effect on the 10th. So if you have faxed or electronic dispathes with dates prior to change, they don't have a leg to stand on and it shouldn't require having to go to court.

That is exactly my understanding of this also.

If they want dealer prices, will they pay dealer labor ????

Bet not!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com