AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"cheap"gressive

sure am glad all of my costs are going down....lol. just received a fax from columbus stating a 34% discount (D&E area). had enough of their crap here in rural area. i know everyone on here is going to tell me to get off of this network. ok....how about some help on sharing info on direct billing ie contact names or numbers. here is a chance for the anti-network people to step up. i'm listening.

Re: "cheap"gressive

We got a fax stating its going from 35% off to 48% off. Your the lucky one!!! But Hey the kits are increasing by $5.00 WuuuuuuuuuuHoooooooo. Friggin ridiculous.

They are testing the water if enough people say no they will back off. Frankly, it's just not worth even doing the glass for that amount! So I have not problem getting of there list

It would appear that they are just going to keep pushing until shops decide that they have had enough.

Yeah we got that fax today as well, and do not anticipate that whatever jobs they try to send our way the parts will be available to us. "Sorry but it'll take 2 weeks for us to get that part from our warehouse, they've had some kind of glitch and even though they had it on their last two transfers it did not arrive try Safelite they probably have it in stock and would love to accept
-34%". Gosh we hate that we can't jump on that deal.

Their next fax will probably be 100% off, 2.00 kit, 5.00 labor.

Yep got our fax today too 48% off....we just tell them that we are in our busy time and to call us back in 2 months to see if we can schedule the job then...we never hear back

Why wouldn't you just say no instead of making excusses? You will not make any money at the discounts anyway.

Just tell the insured that Progressive does not pay enough for a safe installation. I always use State Farm as an example.

"The largest auto insurer wants a ??% discount and Progressive wants ? times more than them? You can see why I will not be able to perform the services at those prices sir. I am so sorry to have to tell you that. But I am not willing to compromise your family's safety to save Progressive a few dollars, but apparently they are. Perhaps you should look at other insurance companies that will allow me to perform the services safely, and still make a profit. Would you like the names of some insurance companies that might provide that level of safety and securty for your family?"

Nothing like reverse steering, oh wait, STEERING doesn't happen!!!!

This is SGC's BANKRUPCY 101! They are just seeing how many suckers will bite on this one!!!! ha ha ha ha ha! And Jrobe, setting up direct billing is a slow proccess, and can be done, with some co's, not all. It seems for a while we ,out here were sharing our successes, but at times we saw doors get closed as we shared it. maybe it's the only way ins co's can stop us from working together, so I believe many are reluctant to share info. but if you research back you will find some threads about direct billing. There is no magic formula, it's takes GUTS , perseverance, patience, a little luck and fortitude. Start with small co's, and by the way many minnesota based co's still allow direct billing and are a real pleasure to work with. Sometimes going through a regional claim center or office you can get real good results. All you can do is try and be ready to negotiate. We only have about a half a dozen or so that we work very well with, but believe me if they could get us to go with one of their tpa's they would prefer it, but we continue to HELP them to realize we are taking better care of our mutual customers, the insureds, just the way we are! I for 1 would like to see legislation passed that would allow shops who choose to NOT be on networks have an avenue to be paid directly from the ins co. I believe if some shops FAUGHT for it they would have to pay directly,, NOW wouldn't that change the face of networks,, they would have to treat us like real people again!!!!!!!!

just did some checking, they where at 34 off in 2002. but remember the nags price? I have progressive customers self pay and turn in the claim themselves after I explain the companies tactics.................

xxx,I bet you money D/T, SGC will do it

SB D/T has to agree to it now. How else are they going to pay for the umpteen thousand dollars of renovations to the corporate offices? Besides, haven't you heard about the GM pricing for $164 that both D/T and SG has sent out? Rumor has it here that D/T is shunning any Auto body/Commercial work. I'm not sure what they are up to, but when old man winter comes rollin around that commercial work might look pretty good.

DT and SGC wrote the book on how to go broke, History will repeat itself. Sb you say they will do it. Yep and they will do themselves in ,, in the proccess! Volume will not make up for doing non profit and lose $$ jobs! Then again they lose alot of money on jobs we do if they are getting paid from the ins co on a flat fee per claim. Point is I won't do non profit work,, can't get that status from the Gov ya know!

Well, there's always the good old deduction when your business takes a loss. D/T pay's very little for their glass, but they do have high overhead. When you are big enough that you buy in volume like that, you have a long way to go before you take a loss. It may not be the profit we are looking for, but they are like S/G, VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME. At least, according to their employee's, they haven't changed.

Regardless of what they choose to do we will not be service Progressive for that price. So as far as I am concerned they and everyone else that elects to do there work at those discounts can choke on it!

Glassgirl, we called Triumph on one of those $165 parts. They originally quoted over $330 for the install then we told them we were a GM dealer and they said yes to the $164, can you believe it? That is more then we actually pay for it.

Yep, D/T is really changing there image. Keep cow towing to those insurance industries prices. I am sure they think the glass industry is a push over because they know they will find some idiot that will do it for those prices.

WAKE UP GUYS, if they cannot service there customers they will pay you more

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com