AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Are networks steering even more aggressively?

Had 2 cases since thurs last week. Customer comes in needing w/s in an 05 Ford freestar, lists for about $250. We gather his info, he has allied ins, call into agent verify coverage, while he's here at the shop sgc calls, asks if we will accept the job at -18 off nags, customer wants oem (carlite w/s) ppg has it for $245 so we tell csr no we can't lose $$ on the w/s, and we don't discount from nags, they do the usual,"so you are turning down the job"? We answer, "no, just your pricing" They put us on hold, yada yada, they come back on and say it's ok they will accept cap pricing at 0 off, we set everything up, order the w/s. Next morning customer comes in for his appt. HE IS REALLY TORKED OFF! By the time he got home the previous day, sgc called and tried every trick in the book to FORCE him into letting them send someone out. He finally had to hang up them! Blatant STEERING! These people must think they are untouchable. Today we get a call from lynx similar situation, wanting us to do network pricing,,,,they knew they could not steer the customer cause the customer already told me how hard they tried,( they used the old warranty issue, and MY customer already knows on or off the network the shop gives the warranty, and ours is better than anything they can offer),they asked for rediculous pricing, said no, they than asked if I would accept CAP pricing,,, I said maybe,, what can you offer, went from -9 to +12, still had bad labor but just barely liveable. Could it be, the networks are hurting enough, and a few ins co's are wising up???? Educating YOUR customers, and DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT. Anyone else seeing an increasing effort to, control the customer, restrict trade, steer, coheurse, or whatever you want to call it????

Re: Are networks steering even more aggressively?

Yes, things are a bit slow. Looks lie networks are taking a more active role to get the jobs where they want them to go.

Allieds Blue Ribbon Glass Service (Safelite) offered me 37% off nags the other day. Our customer could hardly believe what they were going to pay for a Express Van. He said he couldn't buy a mirror for that price, and mentioned he's going to stay in the electrician business.

Steering on replacements, generous with repairs. I've noticed that.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com