AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ZZZZZZZZZ

What a week.

Kinda quiet here. Did the glass business dry up and go away?

Re: ZZZZZZZZZ

weeks like these is why God created cutting tables, enjoy your nap.

AHH so you take a nap on the cutting table too? Glad I'm not the only one!

ours has a nice cooler blowing on it but i hate it when some one come up and slaps there hands down next to your head or worse yet the phone rings and you have to get up cant they tell im taking a nap sheeezz

It's so nice to know we are not alone,,,, we had a customer come in today, wanted 20' of gasket and filler for tractor cab, came 30 miles cause the shop in their town ,,, no one was around, and closed. He was so happy we could take care of him. This just gets me thinkin,,,, what if we cleaned our shops for let's say 1-2 weeks and no one took sgc jobs,,,,, hmmm do you really think they could deliver????? I for 1 doubt it. Would it get their attention,,, I know it would. hmmm survive on other jobs and cash customers,,,, let sgc do their own,,, THEY CAN'T HANDLE IT! PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

Good Morning AGN!
Glad to see you around! The forum has been kind of quiet for the last few days. Hope that means that everyone's busy and making money!! We have all had a few problem children to deal with this week. But that would be "as per usual". Hope things are going well with your job. I know that your time is limited now but try to keep in touch!!

The cutting table makes a great bed...and that foam the Carlite backglasses come packed in makes a good pillow!!

I've been staying pretty busy. The shop I work at covers a rediculous amount of territory so I have been driving 250+ miles a day and at the end of my route I am sometimes as much as two hours from home.

How much territory do you all cover? I figure a 50 miles radius is pretty good...the shop I work at covers over 100 mile radius.

We cover about a 60 mile radius, but I"m not going that far unless I'm making . Hey, you have a great weekend. Talk to you later!!

I can see going a pretty good distance (100 mile roundtrip give or take a few) for two - three jobs...but the other day I went 120 miles roundtrip for a $50 rock chip repair...whose kidding who?? By the time you figure in gas, tech's pay and other expenses somebody lost $$$$$ on that deal.

Hey AGN, good to see ya we miss your presence in "real time" can't do the back and forth thing ya know? Regarding that 120 mile roundtrip for $50.00 repair, if it was insurance you have to consider a few things, your bosses allegiance to the Insurer or the insured, and the fact that the person having the repair done could be a good regular customer, or the powers that be have reason to believe they will become a good repeat customer. If none of the above applies, then I agree with you DUMB! Take care and don't get caught napping when you could be cleaning or straightening up the shop. I know you aren't going to be there long so you're not looking for brownie points or a promotion. However the do unto others thing comes into play, one day soon you are going to have employees, do you want to pay them to sleep. Well I have to go it's past my nap time

Louise,
You are soooooooooo bad!!! LOL!!

I only sleep on the cutting table on Tuesdays!! The rest of the week I work pretty hard...well..I try to work smart so I don't have to work hard.

I understand the repeat customer and the insurance agent loyalty thing. Sometimes you have to give to get. If it were me I would try to set up to where it worked out that I had others jobs on the way, but sometimes it may not work out.

I miss you guys in real time too. I hate having to catch up!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com