AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MYTH BUSTER, i think we must all see things in a new light

i am growing tired of us beating up insurance companies, they are just trying to make a few bucks.

they are after all, just a bunch of good guys, it is just not possible they would exaggerate about losses from natural disasters; and please remember we are all in this together, during these times we must all tighten our belts to help out our fellow businesses.

webmaster, can you please activate this link?

Re: MYTH BUSTER, i think we must all see things in a new light

ralph of course i agree with you...

Yes they are trying to make a few bucks too.
Their profits are in the MILLIONS. Company Exects. make tremendous salaries.
Perks for executives are fabulous.
Are you in their caliber that you are ok with that?

In all fairness, the skill set required to run a billion dollar + company is specialized to the degree that only a handful of people can do it.

There are some abuses, there are some ridiculous things, but overall, most of them earn their keep - and get fired when they don't.

Let the stoning begin.

Progressive just posted a 409.6 million NET profit for the 3rd quater. I can see why we should feel bad for them.

Sounds like the insurance business is a good one to be in.

Can't we just be happy that we contributed to those 3rd quarter earning, by giving them a LARGE slice of our pie. Doesn't it make you feel warm & fuzzy.
I know, I know....GET OFF THE NETWORKS.
We don't do much Progressive, so that makes me feel somewhat better, now when Alfa posts those kind of increased profits, we'll cry crocodile tears because that was our pie before S@$ began cutting it.

I believe this might be the link Ralph was referring to:

http://centerjd.org/free/mythbusters-free/MB_InsProfits2005.htm

What isn't in here, is that due to the fact that the 'increasingly catastrophic hurricane season coming in 2006' never materialized, insurers stand to more than double the record setting profits of 2005, which were significantly higher than the record setting year of 2004.

The word "Profit" is fast becoming completely inadequate to describe the money the insurance industry is raking in. Estimates by some, speculative due to lacking baseline or historical or emperical comparative reference, suggest that they may recover financially from the four hurricanes of 2004, and Katrina and Rita of 2005, in only two years, if 2007 provides another low claims year as 2006 is.

This of course makes investors happy happy campers, but the happy camping of the investors is based almost entirely on the backs of the premium paying public, not on the investment gains of the insurer. Of course, proof of this is lodged squarely in what insurers claim is proprietary internal data, even to the regulators.

Yeah, and then since they will make up for all those payouts by 2007 we will see a marked decrease in our insurance premiums, right?????? WAHOO!!!!

Mark1

Do not forget the fact that Glass and Body Shops contributed thier part in lower pricing.

I should invest in the insurance industry, I wonder if my lower prices will get a good return.....LOL

Ralph you have got to be kidding me!! Progressive is at 48% off NAGS, many including Progressive are at record profits. Most insurers are exploiting the glass shops by the use of the networks, steering and low pricing. I for one will continue fighting them, with the extra pressure I feel I am making some progress. Ralphs thoughts will only lead to one thing, bankruptcy. Ralph you are dead wrong as you are among a small group of pro-insuance/networks that don't belong in this industry.

Bachman you also fall into this category!

From what Floor,(2nd or 3rd) were these guys dropped on their heads as children? Any guesses? I have to agree with TM on this one!

opps forgot the laughter,,,

ummmmm...pretty sure Ralph is "tongue in cheek" here on this guys...

Yeah, don't you recognize sarcasm when you see it. I don't believe there is a single glass shop owner out there (unless they are stockholders) who would applaud Progressive's huge jump in quarterly profits.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com