AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
State Farm seeks change of venue for Katrina cases

I just can't believe that State Farm said this:

NEW YORK, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Claiming nearly half of southern Mississippi residents believe insurance executives are on a par with child molesters, State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. said on Wednesday it's seeking a change of venue for lawsuits stemming from damage caused by Hurricane Katrina.

More: (copy and paste the LONG link, I shortened it so it wouldn't make the page a mile wide)

http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view
=CN&storyID=2006-10-11T181851Z_01_N11415657_RTRIDST_0_
FINANCIAL-STATEFARM-MISSISSIPPI.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna

Re: State Farm seeks change of venue for Katrina cases

mark,
you know with the going rate for elections these days, with a few measly billion profit, you just cant afford to contibute to campaigns everywhere. If they were making real money instead of chump change, then it might be a different story. Wonder if they can get the thing moved to illinois. ha ha.

To funny Mark1, the story is suddenly "unavailable". Did State Farm already pull some strings?

I got it OK You have to copy and paste it in one line at time with no spaces for one long link.

Its funny if insurers were settling claims OK then why dont they want to defend themselves in front of those same people they say they settled claims OK for? They would rather go north in the state where only 12% of people had damage instead of having the trial where 88% of people had damage.

I wonder what kind of question was asked to get the answer that insurance companies are like child molestors?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com