AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Steve Shaw to busy to send a LYNX Rep. To L.I. Glass Assoc.

We contacted Steve Shaw at LYNX and invited him to send a Rep. To our L.I. Glass Assoc. meeting. We would like a little info on LYNX’s future plans, Metrix and a little question & answer session. WELL…LYNX is to busy to send a Rep. To L.I. to speak to our Assoc. AGR members. Maybe next year someone may possibly be able to come.

Re: Steve Shaw to busy to send a LYNX Rep. To L.I. Glass Assoc.

Sg - I have met Mr. Shaw several times and have known him to be very reasonable and accomadating. There has been a lot of meetings and upcoming auto glass industry events not counting what he may have going on in his industry, so maybe he truly is busy for the next quarter of this year?

I am not defending Mr. Shaw, but maybe you could coordinate when he will be available, and plan a meeting around that? Make a big deal about it and promote your assoc. event that way? Kind of work the event in reverse? Just an idea.

We weren't discussing Steve himself coming. We were talking about a LYNX Rep. coming to the meeting.
We don't expect him to come here.

Who are you expecting to show up? I don't beleive LYNX has a whole bunch of reps. And what kind of questions would you ask him/ her anyway? Steve would probably be the best source, and the idea above sounds like a good one.

thats pretty funny, LYNX don't have many reps,,, years ago when they were trying to get people to pay to join LYNX, there wasn't a shortage of reps.

seems like they always had time to make sales calls then.

LYNX did not show because you wanted ask questions. Every LYNX seminar I have been to they say whatever needed to say and got right off the stage. Kind of like the way they fax you a price increase with no return address.

PPG and the insurance companies are having great years keeping the installers poor. When will we adapt there tricks and band together?

I Would agree with one of the posters that I have met steve before and seemed like a really nice guy? I have NEVER BEEN to a MAJOR show and not seen him or the the chris guy.. or the tall guy with glass's and they were always willing to discuss stuff with people, i know this because i got tired of waiting for 10 people to ***** about something for me to ask a legit question.. So here is muy opinion.. If you think LYNX is satan then LEAVE get the heck out and make room for people who want to do the work and do it right.. sweet feathery jesus you people make me nuts.. AND What IN THE **** is L.I Glass?? Lying Idiots????? probably go **** in the wind cause and be sure to open your mouth...

Larry what are you ranting about? Do you belong to any AGR Associations? What is wrong with wanting to meet and talk with the people who we do a major part of our bussiness with? Can't we ask questions or are we just to trust other people to take care of our bussinesses for us?

I think Larry needs another cup of coffee?? Larry... I am just guessing here, but I think L.I. Glass is Long Island Glass???

And you are correct Larry. Every event I have been to where Steve Shaw was present he was swarmed with people after the presentation asking (or complaining mostly ) about LYNX and/or METRYX. They seem to expect miracle answers from him not realizing he can only answer certain things and I am sure his bosses tie his hands on other matters. Just as any of these company reps are. You think Bob Bischoff will tell you exactly everything going on back at State Farm headquarters? NOT !!! But he will try to address our concerns, listen to legitimate issues that can be looked into and resolved, but he will NEVER tell you (nor is he allowed to I am sure) tell you ever plan, proposal, or new policy State farm is developing or why they need to do what they are doing.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com