AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Will America WAKE UP?

What still amazes me is how much the insurance industry coninues to abuse all of us in this country with their "this is our policy and rules" and we all allow them to get away with it.

From policyholders to service providers we allow ourselves to play the game by someone elses rules that have NOTHING to do with any LAWS. We simply "accept" that we have to play their way and rarely question why or if we really have to. Then the few of us that do question or challenge the insurance industry win a soon forgotten court case, here and there, for a few million dollars that the insurance companies write off as a loss, while they pad their pockets with BILLIONS of dollars from the rest of the "fearful crowd".

When will America WAKE UP and take back control????

Re: Will America WAKE UP?

CCC:

This is America where we have choices! No one forces you to do business with an insurance company. You chose to do the work, they choose the way they pay. Simple rules for simple problems.

How in the world can you call ANY of this a SIMPLE problem?

When Ins. was a luxary the companies jumped thru hoops for clients. Today Ins. is a necessity and we are the puppets on a string.
Until Govt. steps in and takes control as in say England we are the ones forced to dance.

What Capt America wuold have us believe is that the insurer is contracting the work. (Geeeezzz, I sound like a broken record, don't I?)

Let's see how did he say it?

"No one forces you to do business with an insurance company. You chose to do the work, they choose the way they pay. Simple rules for simple problems."

You're right Captain, no one forces us to do biz with an insurance company. And yes, we do choose to do the work, that's what we're in business for. They choose the way they pay? Whom do you refer to? And simple rules for simple problems? Whose simple rules? What simple problems?

Now, show me (pretend I'm from Missouri), Captain, the contract of repair between the insurance company and the shop? Wait, the INSURED chooses the shop, right? So is the INSURED the buyer, and therefore payer of our services, and contracting for repairs with us?

One more time:

Consumers contract with insurance companies to indemnify them against loss.

Consumers contract with repair shops for repairs to their cars.

Where in either of the above facts is the legal basis making the insurer the customer of the repair shop, unless and until the insurer drives an insurance company owned car into the repairer's shop?

You said:

"You chose to do the work, they choose the way they pay."

They (insurers) can pay anyway they please, I suppose, so long as it's within the terms of the policy and within the state laws surrounding bad faith claims practices. We'll happily keep handing out copies of those to our customers, thank you.

OH, & BTW, CCC: Well said!

I'm done, the soapbox is now available.

Mark1,
Jump on your soapbox as often as you like. Most of us enjoy reading your posts!!!

ccc, you have been absent lately,, great to hear from you! Capt Am, you say no one forces us to to deal with ins co's???? try again. It is manditory to carry ins, duh you must know this. I would like to see america wake up. Ins has us over a barrel every darn day. Again I will say,, CARS should not carry liability, drivers should! Then if you want coverage on your car you buy it based on what you want. It won't change until america wakes up and demands better! Ins co's are gouging the american public to the tune of BILLIONS. The proof is in their PROFITS!

PECEPTION IS REALITY.... YOU CANT LEGISLATE MORALITY OR INSURANCE COMPANIES....

CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM

Would be a good place to start, when insurance companies can no longer "own" politicians then maybe there can be regulation. No one wants to talk politics it gets deeper than the crap we deal with on this forum every day. However anyone who thinks our government doesn't favor big businesses and cowtie to them are fooling themselves. Insurance, pharmaceutical companies, airlines, big oil, utilities, etc, etc.. Everything is set up to work in their favor, and F_ _ K the little guy. Yes we live in the greatest country in the world, but we still have among the lowest wages, the worst healthcare and the highest utility cost per capita than the rest of the G8. Did you know that right now our government will pay an unemployed person drawing benifits more money than a person working 40 hours at minimum wage earns GROSS. That is just wrong! The answer to the threads question NO, America will not wake up. People have grown to complacent, they don't think they have any power in this day and time and you know what, they aren't that wrong.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com