AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Your valued opinion

Customer brings in a 1992 Chrysler convertible for a windshield. We pull the car in and lower the convertible top to get at the top moldings and the back glass explodes.

Come to find out, the top works fine but the customer apparently stores the boot and a sponge were the top retracts into. She claims that she stores these things in there but always removes them before she lowers the top.

Who is responsible for the cost to fix the back glass?

Re: Your valued opinion

once you start working on the car. you are responsable for the damage. sorry but you have to pay for it.

Call your insurance company and explain what happened. This is probally a $1000.00 claim and who knows you might get to do the work!

Who's fault is it?!?!? Who's fault would it be if you backed one of your mobile trucks into a building? The owner of the building, or the driver who didn't look behind him? Do you hold your customers responsible for all the mistakes your installers make?

I am wondering, did the top even need to be lowered to get the winshield out? A lot of the Chryslers don't require this to be done. That would be even funnier. Uhhh, sorry Mrs. Customer, but you have to buy a back glass because we broke it doing something we didn't need to do, but it is still your fault.....

that's is good point. Dstar

Dstar, Please point out to me in the original question were I said we refused to pay?

Absolutely, the top needed to come up to get to the screws.

rule

Rule #1-

The customer is always right! sorry!

It's not your fault the customer is an idiot and put crap in the back of the car where the top goes down and the window got sandwitched and broke. If it was my car I would not be upset and would get it fixed a week later, just say someone smashed it out in my driveway and give the glass company the work.

Mr.Storm

How high in the air were you when your parents dropped you on your head?

the customer is not always right, but they are always the customer. i have learned over the years to leave the top half way up. the less you do to a customers car the better. no telling what the painter,top guy, mechanic, or any other hack has done. dont call your ims. co. it will raise your rates. just pay and learn from it.

I always have the customer lower their own top. That makes them responsable for any damage, especially on the labaron's. Most the time the back seat is bent and the b/g catches on it and breaks. Look at the seat, see if it's bent. Either way it's your fault unfortunatly.

Sorry But you did lower the top. Those things should not have been there and you shouldn't of had to check to make sure the top would go down ok. FAct is they were and you did lower the top = you pay

No matter how dumb a customer may be, we are still responsible for their mistakes.

Mr. Storm, what planet are you from? I just have to know.

Ditto!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com