AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dear auto glass manufacturers

Please stop using Nags part #'s on your invoices. Our costs are no longer related to the Nags list price on a large # of parts. I do not have a problem if you use Nags part # as an interchange function on your web site but please generate your own part # for each part you manufacture. Please include the DOT # in the sequence so I have some idea what I'm getting before it shows up on your delivery truck. This should not be that difficult and it would be a way to distinguish your product (good or bad) from that of your competition. It's time to find a better way. Somebody please take the lead. I think it would be to everyones benefit.

Re: Dear auto glass manufacturers

BRILLIANT idea!

Suggest to them also that we can come up with our own retail pricing.

(Pay attention to that part PPG, remember your consent decree from a few years back)

What a GREAT way for Mygrant to slap them all in the face and lead the indepedents to Independence agian...GO get them Mike Mygrant, we are behind you 100%

It only makes sense to me that that the parts we purchase from our suppliers should reflect the information and documentation that is suggested by AGRSS in the part # if AGRSS is indeed supposed to be the industry standard. Shouldn't our suppliers have to make some effort to meet the standards put forth by AGRSS.

Maybe I'm a bit naive, but how does AGRSS, which is about safe replacements, have a tie-in with glass distributors? As long as the glass is DOT approved, what difference does the brand make as to being safe? Also if every manufacturer had it's own part number, would that not know create additional issues as to billing insurance companies?

I believe that all dot#'s are supposed to be traceable to each installation that is performed. Having the dot# in the part # on your invoice and on your suppliers invoice would pretty much cover that procedure. I believe that this would fall under the purpose of AGRSS that states (To provide guidelines and objectives for groups that supply products, education, and training for the industry).

Having a dot # and an AS1 in the bug only applies to the materials used to manufacture the windshield and has nothing to do with how it fits. How about AGRSS using OE check fixtures to do random testing on the products in the market and setting a few guidelines for fit. If the manufacturer can't meet the tolerances they should not be AGRSS approved. Maybe there are a few O E manufacturers that would let them have access to their fixtures.

I could really care less if the insurance industry or Nags or my supplier likes it or not. I am for raising the bar in the industry and don't care if new standards do or don't comply with how they want to do business.

I would say that the guidelines for fit should be the same as OE. Those tolerances are already in place. That way all glass that meet the guidelines would truely be like kind and quality.

Perhaps you should consider going to AGRESS's convention next month in Vegas, and voicing your concerns.

I can't be there but I believe that just these 2 (and there could be many more)guidelines would have a HUGE impact on ALL aspects of our business. These guidelines are for nothing more than to insure safe windshield installations. I dare any of the manufacturers or insurers to argue against them.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com