AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Express van? Power inverter?

My glass vehicle of choice is the Chevy Express van. This is what I plan on buying in the spring. I also like using a power inverter to run my power tools.

What does everyone else use as far as vans and running power tools?

Re: Express van? Power inverter?

We have three Ford vans that we run xrantrex power inverters in they are True Sine wave and will run anything you need even the fein knives our inverters are 5 years old when ever we use them we leave the van running! They are avalible thru Equalizer,Pilkington,and marine stores! As far as vehicles Ford has been good to us my van has 110000 miles on it other than a recent alteranter nothing but regular service not bad for 2001. We are in the process of changing over to chevy with the plate glass vans we will se how that works out!

in the last ten years i have had 4 fords and 1 chevy, first was a 96 e-150 with inline 6 ran it to 225,000 miles with 1 new tranny and a new differential, then went to a 99 chevy, didn't last long had two intake gaskets and a new motor less than 25,000, i guess it was a problem that year, than a 99 ford 250 with inline 6 got around 125,000 no problems, 01 150 4.2 v-6 75,000 no problems now i have an 03 250 extended with 5.4 v-8 around 65,000 the only problem i have had is the steering box and it was fixed under warranty. as for inverters i have always used the cheapest vector 3000watt around $500 i had some problems with a bad battery recently but that is it. i have 2 deep cycle gel cell batteries shut my van off at every job. the only problem is it will kill cordless tool chargers about every coulpe years.

We use plain 1200 watt inverters. Use to pay premium prices for them and finally noticed all are made in China (if I have a choice we don't buy forign products). We watch our sales and when Harbour Freight runs them on sale we buy one and stick it back. Saves quite a bit and they work as good as any.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com