AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Promotional items

What are the best "give-aways" you guys have used to generate business?

Scratch pads are a given, but what other items do you use a lot of?

I have seen everything from frisbees to candles.

I think the best I've seen so far are ice scrapers, scratch pads and little calendars.

What do you all think?

Re: Promotional items

Lets ask the question this way.
When you get one of those goodies what do you do with them?
Use them?
Put them in a drawer, never to be seen again?
You get the point.

I vote for Scratch pads, and give them to kids. They take them home to the parents and to school.

Best thing you can do is join some civics organizations, Lions, Kawanis, Rotary etc. <<>>

AGN, Good Morning! Contact "National Pen". Their phone # is 888-672-7370. Or check them out on line at pens.com. I have used them for about 4 years now and they have pretty good pricing and good quality products. They do a lot more than pens.

One of the companies I work for use to put a note pad in each and every vehicle we did any work on top page was hand written "Thank You" we got a great response to that!

cash send me cash please you can write thank you on it too if you like

I like pens, scratch pads & refrigerator magnets.
At holiday time I give out inexpensive calculators. People love them. noone wants to throw out a calculator.

we do pens and notepads give them to dealerships, auto parts stores, banks, whoever uses a lot of scratch paper.

We give out scratch pads of course, another thing we do is give alot of pens to banks and grocery stores and lube and go or jiffy lube, even gave some to walmart once the new manager wont let us now

My buddy that does mobile (self employed) uses
little vinyl stickers... like the oil change stickers.. he places his sticker with phone# and company name on all his replacement windshields.
Genius idea if ya ask me.

As opposed to regular scratch pads, which we also do our "girls" the ones with the ability to help you out the most (not talking dealer, body shops, etc) really like the 1/4 page sticky notes. Not only do they use them which keeps us right in front of them, but they give out phone and reference numbers and such on them. So it happens that the notes have our logo and contact info on them..BONUS.
Something else we do which is simple and relatively inexpensive is send out simple "Thank You" cards, with hand written message inside "It's a pleasure doing business with people and or companies like you, please keep us in mind for all your glass needs". A simple Thank You goes a long way, people like to know they are appreciated. We used to take coffee mugs and pen holders with phone & logo, but the TPA's don't allow that, and we would never dishonor our contract, I mean would they ever do anything that wasn't in our best interest?

We do ,pens,pads ,car calanders,vinyl stickers on glass,ads on race cars, ads on classic cars,ads semi trailers,ads on web sites ect.ect

We give a lot of emery boards. Women love them and inexpensive.

We have in the recent past, done about 6-7 parades every summer. The mini flyers for the kids are a hit. Emery boards, or fingernail files have been a must, (inexpensive and highly used). Pens and pads, and we did alot of info flyers. This has established us very well with our area customer. We always have had walkers, and I'm big time into MUSIC, so we have a pa system, runs off our inverter and we have the whole crowd Dancing! It has been a real hit. Unfortunately, this year has been the toughest to budget funds to do this. But ya gaotta spend a couple $$ to make a couple $$'s. every summer we market to alot of people! Look for the best bang for the buck, and something people can use,, oh ya also, ice scrapers, and mini fly swatters have been a hit.

I like the sticky pad idea. Thats a must.

What do you mean you do parades? You actually sponsor a parade or just ride in line in a company van?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com