AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Net priced items

An all time LAUGH OUT LOUD.

Dealing with an allstate claim today. A NET PRICED ITEM from PPG, of course allstate/lynx wants us to make a mere $8 on the glass part which leads to a GROSS PROFIT of $60 for a 3.5 hour NAGS job.

When calling to get special pricing consideration the LYNX supervisor said we needed to call and talk to our supplier and tell them they are charging to much.

Now that is funny I think. A LYNX (owned by PPG)supervisor telling us to call PPG arg (owned by PPG)and tell them to sell it to us for less.

At least I got a good laugh today before I left for home.

Have a great evening everyone.

P.S. the real "WAR" is between the glass manufacturers and Insurance industry and we are all caught in the middle. Anyone else feel like an innocent civilian???

Re: Net priced items

CCC...

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you recorded that phone call?

The irony is Lynx offers the Insurace co.s a discount lower then what we buy the glass from PPG for on ALOT of net parts. Independents can't do it so Lynx will give it to a D/T or Saflite shop who even if it costs them money they will do it anyway. Except if Saflite is making the part and selling it to themselves they are making money anyway

That's the only way to win in glass. Make your own glass, start a nation wide glass chain, and funnel insurance work to your own company by developing a network. We're just jealious!
How it's not a Monopoloy I have know idea?

I'm not jealous, but it would be nice to have a slightly more even playing field. Unfortunately, most of us little guy's don't have mega bucks!! LOL!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com