AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Insurers don't repair vehicles...

Fancy that...and they don't guarantee repairs...and they even stand right up and say so.

In court, when they're being sued, that is, and point right at their partner shop. Only worked half-good this time, because the shop was pointing at the insurer. It only worked half-good for them too. Especially after the judge doubled the damages. Strikes me they both got off cheap, IMHO.

http://www.princetonautobody.com/Docs/PDF/center.pdf

Re: Insurers don't repair vehicles...

wonder what they meant by the body shop did shoddy work? just because the fender had a couple extra holes and the bumper had holes for fog lights? i have a hard time thinking that could be called shoddy workmanship, if they fell off, that would be shoddy to me.

i am suprised how the customer has placed himself in the hands of people who do not have the customer's best interest at heart, and don't even realize it.

i think more attention needs to be focused to all body shops and glass shops that they are expected to represent the customer and know what it takes to fix the car regardless of cost. the fact that legislative bodies charge automotive repair shops with being advocates for the consumer cannot recieve to much attention.

More information...

on this case. I became aware of it before the customer actually filed a suit against the shop and insurer. The Jeep owner was told by the body shop that the fenders would not fit properly. The owner of the Jeep told the shop that he entrusted the repair to the shop to be done properly and just to call when the vehicle was finished. The shop owner was either afraid or lazy in pursuit of proper parts and compensation opting for the "they would only pay" defence. Didn't work.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com