AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
lilbuddy/aegis solo

has anyone used these? they look awkward to use but i can't find a demo tried the lilbuddy site and the demo doesn't work. would like to find a human helper but with the oil and gas boom we are experiencing it is hard to find someone to work with no experience for less than $15/hour

Re: lilbuddy/aegis solo

They work,no doubt.They do take some time to set up though on the job.We think it makes sense with our company.It really depends on time restraints and # of jobs per day.Everybodys situation is different.Run the #'s to make sure it is worth while to have these instead of man power.

They say it is not a problem but I had some concerns about putting weight on a door glass that has a cable driven regulator. Haven't seen it in a while they may have changed the design.

i think that puting to much weight will damage the regulator or worst broke the glass. will cost u more money if the glass drop on the car. i wouldn't use it even for free. just my input.

I personally use the LilBuddy on every 2 man set I do. I think it's a wonderful tool.No broken door glasses or regulators yet. Been almost a year.I would recomend it to anyone in the biz. Just my 2 cents.

I brought up the same question about 6 years ago when the first started pushing these things but Ihave never heard of anyone complain about the product.We have a company here that loves them and with a little training set up becomes a breeze.

I haven't heard of any complaints either. I just haven't heard enough feedback one way or the other. I've got my ears ******* though. The older I get the more I need a lil buddy.

i'm one man inshop. install big w/s all the time.
i lifeweight 30mint. every morining before any install.
i never had any problem setting big w/s.

ag- What is your age?

"lil buddy" , isn't that what the Skipper called
Gilligan?
SKKKKKKIIIPPPPPPPPPPERRRRRRRR!

36yrs.old ht:5-07

I lift ice cold 12 oz. weights 30 minutes after I finish work. I work more on repetitions instead of heavy weights. Its doing wonders for my abs.

Hey L.W., it's supposed to be Washboard abs & not Washtub abs. But that's okay, Washtub is way more fun.

AG is possibly Japanese, calisthenics and exercise before setting W1292's by yourself

I don't like doing two-mans by myself at all. I think it is much more professional (and a whole lot easier) to do them with two guys. Schedule 'em first or last so as to not mess up everyone's day. When I worked for D/T they had a Lil' Buddy, but it mostly sat in the corner and collected dust. It was a lot faster to send two guys and knock 'em out.

waste of money. too much bs trying to find the right spot to put the cups on the glass. if one cup fails it's going to cost you alot! charge for two man sets or dont do them. if you don't have the manpower you shouldn't be in business to begin with.

Storm - sounds to me like you shouldn't be in business. Some guys perfer to be one man shops so they dont have to put up with people like you.

storm whata ahole are you nasty to everybody? you must be a one man store can't see that anyone would want to work for you with that "tude" take a pill

what i don't understand about them is how do you get the w/s attached to the side piece on the door glass?
it seems like it must be awkward.

nothing wrong with working out,make my job easyer and u live longer. born in LAOS,come to the U.S.A since 1980 also US-Citizen. the tools is just wast of time/money. buy the time u set up the tool, i already done setting the w/s. you can't find good helper these days.they don't want to work.

I wouldn't trade mine for the world. I must be missing something, because it adds about 2-3 minutes to set it up.

every shield is a two man set. really. if it's not it should be. I charge $50 extra for mobile service per job, I also charge extra $50 for every shield I do and specify two man labor set. gettin paid and gettin laid. Thats all I know boys.

storm do you really think that anyone believes any of the bull s*** that you put out?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com