AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What is the best way to.....

Hey!

What is the best way to file your business?

LLC, S-Corp, Inc.

???

How are most of you filed and why?

In our phone book many of the one man shops seem to be LLCs.

Re: What is the best way to.....

We went Llc better tax wise for us

LLC is what I'm leaning towards because its what I have the most experience with. Just wanted to get some others POVs.

It depends.If you are buying an existing biz with along time fed tax id #,s-corp is the way to go.For network reasons(if you are on any).Alot of networks believe it or not look at the fed tax # for how long the agr biz has been around and tract record(hopefully it is).I found out first hand on this.If you are starting a new biz,LLC is not a bad way to go.Ask your accountant,they will put you in the right direction.There are alot of up's and down's from both angles(especially tax reasons)to do this.

My business is structured as an LLC. Mainly tax reasons. Also incredibly easy to start up. I talked to several professionals and most agree that for a small business starting up, LLC is the way to go. On the other hand, there are many huge companies that are LLC's also. PPG is one. Good & bad with all structures. TALK to an accountant or attorney!!!

At accountants suggestion after looking over 3 of past 11 previous returns as S-Prop, we Inc'd.

Thanks for the tips!

When my dad started his own business he set it up as an LLC at first and once it grew he switched over to an INC. I'm going to meet with my accounant pretty soon to get this all set up. Next thing I need to do is get set up with PPG and Old Dominion to buy glass and other stuff from them. Should I just go by the local warehouse or do I need to contact someone at their home office? I'm thinking ODG isn't a huge company so a "stop in, pop by" will probably work with them. PPG on the other hand is a bigger fish.

file for the bankruptcy.

AGN- You can just stop by PPG and get a credit app.,fill it out and then a rep will call you and you can set up pricing.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com