AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Whats up?????

Just a friendly greeting! Its Saturday and I'm happy!!

Re: Whats up?????

Why for being slow?

sat: very slow for me. only did 3-car.

You guys stay up too late.......3:ooam?

Hey AGN!
We were wondering how you were doing? How was your week?

Rough week.

Cut my hand, jacked up a molding on a Nissan (the ******* was glued down) and I hate starting new jobs!!

I can't wait until I'm flying solo! Got most of my stuff ready to go. Hurry up Spring time!

AGN,
Hang in there, Spring will be here before you know it!!! At least you will be starting after winter when things should start picking up!! I'm really excited for you!!

Good to hear from ya. Take care of that hand . Keep those spirits up, and don't let anything that goes on this winter dampen your dreams for spring. Passion and dedication needed, and present and accounted for. I almost envy you, almost. LOL

Thanks guys!

I'm nursing my hand back to good again. I never realized exactly how much I use it. I cut myself right on the meaty side of my right hand. I use it alot when I'm trimming down old 'thane and it hurts!

Guardian is being pretty good to me so far so I don't think this winter will be too bad. Especialy since it is slow...my plan is just to glide thru the winter flying as far below the radar as I can.

I finally decided on a name!

Windshield Solutions

Made a cool logo too! It'll look great on the side of an Express Van!

good luck

you might give some thought to quiting your current job and making sales calls for a month or so before winter breaks. then maybe you will have some income while you get started. beat the other guys out of the gate so to speak.
i love my express van, but i waited three years before i bought a new truck, and even then it was a 1500 wt previous year model cause it was way cheaper.
i like to spend money on nice tools to make my work easier they cost more but well worth it.
labor saving tools get you to the next job or home quicker.
never burn any bridge you might have to cross again later
o yea be more carefull you cant afford to get sieriously injured

, You could also utilize the time you have while you are there impressing the heck out of the customers you are seeing now!!! Never hurts to leave a good impression. That way, when you do get started on your own, you already have people that are familiar with you and your work. Not only that, you know what your current employer is charging, so you know where you need to come in to get the work. Yes, I know that I am on the other end of this, but I have been where you are at. Just a suggestion.

Hey , don't forget while your at your current position sneak around the CSR's or if in my case the Office Manager does it all, and try to soak up info on insurance billing, edi, net parts, the little every day in's & out's of customer service. Also remember call on every agent in 75 mile radius of your shop before you sign any network contracts, take them huge supplies of pads and pens, and kiss some butt. Once you get going while it's just you there will be no time for sales. Have you checked on deadlines to get in phonebooks? Cover your bases, I know your going to be successful

AGN

I think going into business for yourself is great and I reccomend it to ALL. Just use your head and be wise with your money and learn to kiss a lot of booty and understand the customer is always RIGHT.....Just do not lower yourself to stealing from your current employer(either suplies or customers), Get them on your own and I guranteed you will be a better businees person and your confidence that you did it on your own will make you succeed even more!

Good Luck

Thanks for the great advice guys!

It wouldn't do me much good to call on customers I am currently serving. With my new job I am over an hour from home and am not in the area I plan to service with my own shop. The area I plan on serving and focusing on MOST is about 30-45 minutes south of my house in the opposite direction of where I now work. The "south" area I want to cover is a BOOMING area with only two LOCAL shops and a few that do MOBILE ONLY from other areas to serve it.

I REALLY...REALLY hope I don't have time for sales...that would mean I'll be busy putting in glass which means I'll be getting PAID!!!

I also have a GREAT salesperson for a Dad!

So I plan on getting him to help me lay the groundwork for my business. He's built several companies with his skills as a salesperson.

I am so looking forward to working hard for myself for a change!

AGN

No offense, But how do you plan on getting busy?

OMG,
I wasn't suggesting that he steal anything from his current employer. Simply that he get them used to seeing him and his work. It would be the customers choice as to who they use. It would however, be great from a referral standpoint. People who own companies, know people all over the place. Since he won't be in direct competition with his current employer, that's neither here nor there.

AGN, it sounds like you are REALLY working hard to make a success of this!! I wish you well!!!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com