AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Diamond Fuel charges is GREAT news but what's the plan?

I think that seeing a big company take such a bold move should be commended for paving the way not ridiculed. I have not seen this program and I am hoping for one someone to provide the specifics. Like, are the charges for all types of accounts across the board? Is it a flat fee or a sliding scale and hopefully it is in the northeast?

Regardless, this is a great thing for everyone in the industry and you are absolutely crazy if you do think so. I think we are the only industry in the world that has not been able to pass this cost through to the end user! This is our chance to put up or shut up!

Re: Diamond Fuel charges is GREAT news but what's the plan?

I agree,this is the smartest thing I have heard from them in awhile.Lets hope it pans out and others fallow.THis will need to happen for ins to pay.Great work dt!

I bet they will share more about the plan once they see how the test markets go. They are serious and will stick to it. They have made a lot of bold moves this year and this is the best one.

I vote they make it public and see how many companies do the State Farms/ all other insurance companies. Or the Pilkington to PPG copy and paste announcments!

Things seem to work alot better for those guys when they don't try to go it alone!

This is exactly what I am talking about. People are out there bashing Diamond, on this site, all over. But guess what we're all in this together. They are actualy willing to put their foot down, make a bold move and say NO! we aren't going to take this bologne anymore. We have a business plan, and it's TO NOT GO OUT OF BUSINESS. so to all you, self loathing, panzy, big talk no action folks who run a so called auto glass business - unless you are willing to take risks like them(which you aren't because you will do jobs that in the end are unprofitable just to fill up time in your day) keep your mouth zipped.

what the h?ll are you people reading? go back and read it again, where does it say they are going to bill any ins. company, just the customer, and by the way they waited till the price of gas is going down.

Who cares who they are passing the added cost onto? Be it the customer of the insurer, someone has to pay for it. They have a business plan unlike yours, staying economically viable and finacially stable.

Lance

Learn to read please, The independents have been talking about this and implementing gas surcharges for month's. Just read some post's from the past on this board. Looks like Diamond is finally following the lead of the independents....

Lance have you posted here befor under a different name? I find your condescending, know it all, Independents suck attitude reminiscent of someone who was banned from here befor. You are a legend in your own mind and bore me. Your bravado and obvious contempt for othe people nausiates me.

Can I get an AMEN SGlass!!

the independents have "talked" about alot of things for a LONG time - very true. Thats all that ever goes on.

If Diamond is implementing a fuel charge that is great! The big guys are always the last to get in line when it comes to raising prices!

Where can I find the fuel charge specifics? Why wouldn’t DT charge everyone? I think it would be easier to sell and easier for others to follow suit if it was across the board.

This is true,I have been and many other ind's around me(because we talk and agree on things to do as long the law alows us)have been charging fuel charges to one timers(one time customers)for over a year now.We have seen a decent and respectible profit.So lance,they are not the first ones to do it.They are though the first big player,great...about time they follow us.Lets hope more do.That will be the only way it works as a whole.you are barking up the wrong tree man!!!

Where I once quoted "x" for a mobile install, I now quote "x" + $10.00 to $30.00, depending on 2-man, and drive time. Now that gas has gone down, we may reconsider and/or revise this though.

Dont,even if they go down,there is alot of agr companys that have put some time and loss into this to let it just go away.We should all do this and stick to it so it will work.Come on glassgod,you guys are a key player in the midwest to make this happen.You know better than to listen to the negative replies.Just remember,there are alot more veiws than replies on this forum.From what I gather at least 60% of ind shops in the midwest alone are doing fine with this,hang in there and it will pay off.Thanks

Even Hal gave the green light on the charges. Do it across the board DT and make it public! My guess is the world will follow!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com