AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
customers great idea

An older gentleman came in today that had taken a glass cutter and scored his windshield in a square around a chip and wanted me to take the 4 inch square out and replace just that part of the windshield, I told him sure leave it here for about 4 hours and it will be 389.44 and it will look like new, anybody had this one before

Re: customers great idea

Matter-O-Fact....
customer comes in with broken right door glass..
i notice that the left side has score marks about 4" around the door lock...
What happened i asked him:
"I tried to cut out a hole on the driver window to reach the door lock, so when that didn't work, i tried the passenger side; then it just broke."

Or the all time classic: "The heat must have broke it, i just got in the car, and when i closed the door, it just blew out"

No but you can bet if I do I'm going to use your response to my customer, that was way cool. I got to know what was his response?

His response was "thats as much as a new window there is only a little spot that is broke" so 20 minutes of explantion of how windshields are made he still looked puzzled but we replaced the windshield, which he didnt want to do he was sure it would leak which it doesnt, and would you believe he is a retired state engineer for the road dept.....

No prob believing that last part!

WOW!!!That's a new one to hear!! Some people!!!

Yeah those HWY dept guys typically use the lowest bidders on everything too.

Has anyone got the customer who comes in all frantic and worried that their w/s will "shatter in their face"? And then when you actually see the vehicle, you see that they put tape on the crack both on the inside and on the outside of the glass?? Classic!

hAD A MAN COME IN FOR A REPAIR. W/S LOOKED LIKE A BASKETBALL HIT IT, BIG BREAK WITH RUNNERS COVERING ABOUT HALF THE W/S.

Way back when, when 3M invented the first glass repair machine, Penn Glass on Long Island was the only company to have one.

The VW windshield ( FW173 ) was being installed in those days for $25.00 total price.

They were charging $35.00 to the insurance companies for repairs.

When a VW came in for a repair, they would whip the car around the back, replace the windshield, and tell the customer that they had repaired it, charging the insurance company for a $35.00 repair instead of a $25.00 replacement.

The customers were really impressed with the quality of the "repair"

This guy must be the one who designed the highways around here! Geez...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com