AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fun things to do that have nothing to do with glass

For any of you who are in Oshkosh, WI. on Thursday night or Chicago, Il. on Friday night. I recommend going out to see The Randy Rogers Band. They are probably the biggest draw around Austin, TX. when it comes to regional country music. If you like Pat Green or Jack Ingram you will like these guys.

Re: Fun things to do that have nothing to do with glass

Yeah, this is what we need. Sub topics....
hey Webster! (LOL) anyway u can break the forum into ..example:
Tech Help

Billing/Office Questions

Gripes/Vent off steam

Humor

just wondering, because, i know sometimes we steer w-a-y off of glass. Just a thought. thx in advance..
Where is Webmaster. Where is Bachman Auto Glass?
no posts this week.

Where does it say the posts "MUST" relate to AG. Sometimes AG people just want to communicate and since we're not all exactly neighbors this seems like the place to do it, and sometimes what starts out as legimate AG technical issue or billing just veers off in another direction. I'm amazed at the number of people who seem to have a problem with a string that's not all about the biz. There's more to life than business. Just a thought.

we also rent uhauls here and they have a messageboard that is ddivided off into categories. and no matter what they always get off topic. in the "repair" board that deals with repairs on equipment another dealer and i got into an arguement because she wanted yet another dealer to use silicone to fix leak in her windshield. DUH!
so be happy with it the way it is!

L.W.--It's nice to take a break from Auto Glass chat! I wish I lived over there so I could go see them.
Have Fun!
I do agree it would be nice to have subtitles but I kinda like it the way it is. Makes it easy to see the new posts.
My opinion is--If you don't like the posts then why butt in on them with such rude comments? That's what i don't get. Some people and the image they give us of themselves. So sad I can only imagine their Karma

Hey GLASSWOMAN, don't worry about them they're Karma ran over their DOGMA.

Pardon my grammar, their & their

Having serious internet connectivity issues today. I have this overwhelming urge to throw something breakable across the room.

Easy now master, it's almost drink o'clock....

Pat Green and Jack Ingram our a good bunch of guys .Jack does a radio show on 99.5 The Wolf here in Dallas called Jacks Tracks. He plays songs from his favorite picks to request and its mostly Texas Country. Another one to check out is Waylon Jennings boy Shooter Jennings he plays some good stuff more of a Southern Rock style.

Shooter is playing in Chicago on Friday and Madison on Saturday.

BRYON,,,, Shall I hand YA some Glass??? Also please don't change this forum even if there are a few putts trying to erode a good thing! What's with posting,,, and nothing is there? Can you please erase the nothings?

GLASSSGOD, remember,,, IT'S ALWAYS BEERTHIRTY SOMEWHERE!

Thanks for the laugh Hawk!
L.W.---what's up with all the blank posts? Are you trying to make a point?
Sorry Master... this too shall pass. It's almost FRIday!

Yeah, but don't give me any of that laminated crap. I want something that is going to shatter into a thousand pieces and make a lot of noise.

I think the empty posts were L.W.'s attempt at creating categories. I'll do some house cleaning on Friday.

Waylon and cash are the fricking bomb!!I would like to see shooter.How is his music?

You can usually find sound bites of their music at their web sites. Just type in their name and you'll find them. Try out Jerry Jeff Walker's son Django Walker,Cory Morrow, Reckless Kelly, Roger Creager, Cooder Graw.

It would appear that we have a lot of country music fans on here, including myself. I like country and old rock. (I'm telling my age) . LOL!!

Webmaster, PERFECT! I have 5 pieces of tempered glass 20-5/8 X 55-7/8 that yesterday a customer wanted me to cut them down for his deer stand, to,, get this,,,, 22-1/4 by 38 -1/8!! [ . 2 problems can't stretch the glass, and can't cut tempered! So now is it worth it to ship them to ya? They will blow up all over the place, or better yet come up to MN and get them, by sunday it's going to be in the 70's and I'll take ya walleye fishin! If I knew how to add a pic I'd show ya the 27 incher the wife got this spring! maybe I'll try to e-mail it to ya.

Wow. You guys got some fancy deer stands up there in MN. Around these parts they usually just nail a couple of boards to sit on up in a tree or make a lean-to type thing with dead limbs and brush.

Not much of fisherman. The only thing I usually end up catchin' is a buzz.

That would still be a good day fishing.

Ya guy's p here make fish houses in the trees to hunt from, I get more deer from the ground. I like to sneak hunt, I don't get a soar butt from sitting! I sent ya an e-mail with a pic of the wife and her walleye this spring,, and remember,,, the bottle bass are ALWAYS biting!

On the Austin Music mentioned in the initial post, there was a gentleman on another thread stating he'd like to sell his AG busines in Austin he worked primarily on heavy equipment I think. I told him I'd love to buy it if I had the resources, or knew anything about the biz of heavy equipment, we do glass replacement in equipment from time to time for road dept or power company etc. But all I do is the billing, I could probably price the jobs, but you have to get the accounts, learn the vendors etc, before you had anything to bill . THE POINT being the reason I'd like to live in Austin is because of everything I've heard, read, researched about the music scene there. I lived in Atlanta for 18 years, that's a pretty good local scene, but I bet it can't compare to Austin and like GLASS LADY, I too like the Classic & Southern Rock, also like classic country Cash, Robbins,Haggard, Reeves, Jones & Wynette the Outlaws too Waylon, Wille, Coe, but DO NOT like contemporary country. Ya know I'm getting as bad as Mark1 about the lengths of my posts, but at least he says something I ramble I'll

That was me. I'm not really looking to sell but that doesn't mean I wouldn't. I'm 48 and not going to allow my kids to be 3rd generation in the business. I figure in about 6 or 7 more years I will be looking more seriously at getting out. Austin Auto Glass isn't a bad name to have in Austin, TX.

Cool coincidence LW, still wish it could be me buying you out when your ready. In addition to the music the downtown area (river runs through part of down town right?) is beautiful. From the pics and videos I've seen it seems to have a real energy to it. Bet real estate values and property taxes are in the upper range, compared to other cities of comparable size though uh? Austin Auto Glass as you say is not a bad name to have all things considered. Was I correct in stating you do alot of equipment work? What percentage of your business is AG, and do you participate in the networks? You can tell it's none of my business if you like, I'm thick skinned.

Heavy euipment is not my main source of business but flat lami is the biggest if you break it down into individual parts. I've been installing since I was probably 15 or 16 and most of my work is referal, body shop or just old repeat customers.

You can find live music and a party on 6th. steet 7 days a week if you wanted to. They are shooting movies, network series (Friday Night Lights) around town all the time. You can usually find something to do here. Going to see Roger Creager tonight.

Go for it, Work Hard...then Play Hard

I don't play to hard anymore because the recovery is much harder than it used to be.

Gotcha, I'm there for the music and the company these day. Quit drinking about 6 years ago. I miss it some days.

BUCKFUDDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I've been into celtic music lately...lots of bagpipes and such. My favorite is a guy named Steve McDonald. Good stuff.

XXX, Posted in our reception area clearly for customers to see, along with others, is:

"Glass cut twice may still be too short."

And,

"The Glass Stretching Device is in next year's budget, please contact us in the future for this service."

Sure gonna hate missing this www.themusicfest.com

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com