AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Little Moral Support Please

Did you ever have a day where:
Lynx calls and wants to dispatch you a job where the part is net priced higher then they will pay you?
You call to confirm a SGC net job only to find out Safelite already went there to do it?
(The insured thought it was you.)
A person calls for a price and tells you the local lowballer, slop & drop guy will do it for $75.00 less.
They don’t care about quality: they are selling the car anyway. God help the people who buy that car.
Your Distributor sends you a w/s that was pre-primed (should have been their first clue.) which has a big lamination defect and now you have to wait 2 hrs for the next one to get there?
Faxes coming in from Insurance companies telling me they are taking a bigger discount on a NAGS list that actually has gone down in price?
Some days it just isn’t worth chewing thru the ropes just to get out of bed.

Re: A Little Moral Support Please

smile it all work out thats what my wife tells me anyway when I have one of those days.

Sglass,
God, I feel for you!! Had one of those day's Monday myself. Lynx called in a dispatch before 7am. I take the job, confirm with the insured that we will take care of that day. Insured tells me he won't be there, will be out working but he will leave key with his foreman and his mom will drop off check that tech can pick up from foreman when the installation is done. I call when the tech is headed there to let the foreman know that he are on the way. He says fine. Tech goes, gets key from foreman, completes installation. Goes back to foreman to collect payment. Foreman informs tech that no one left payment with him. We call insured who tells tech that he had cancelled the job that morning, but doesn't know who he talked to or # he called. Besides, he informed tech, he doesn't have the $$$ and mom had already paid another company to do the job. I call Lynx, who informs me that no one had called to cancel and that the insured was responsible for paying his deductible. It get's worse after that, but, as you can see, you don't need to feel lonely. We all go thru day's like that. If it makes you feel any better at all to know that you aren't the only one it happens to. I had my little fit over it. Got up yesterday morning and started a new day. At least it doesn't happen all the time. Hang in there, today will be better!!!!

words and music by Eric Idle, Monty Python

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

Seems to me that most evry part has gone down with every new release (Winter, Spring, Fall), I've found very few parts that have gone up or even stayed the same for that matter. Even if it's just -.20 it's still gone down. That's the most frustrating part of the whole insurance jobs situation, that and the increase in time to get paid. SGC returned an email to me today I sent in about late payments, they said "it usually takes 30-45 days". I wonder if they'll put that in writing to my vendors who want their money for the installed parts in 30 days!

Bill your customer like Doctors do. Send them a statement with the balance due right after the work is completed. On the statment, list the phone number and reference number of the insurance company, not the TPA.

The customer will now contact the insuance company for you and find out when the bill will be paid. This works for Doctors, why not glass shops....If enough shops did this, we would see our money a little faster. This will also put the insurance company back in the loop and ring thier dam phone off the wall.

I intend to send the insured a bill for the job. We ended up pulling the door glass back out because he did't have the money to pay deductible and I wasn't about to leave it in there. We pulled the glass at the insured's request so I am going to send the insured a bill for labor to install and then remove the glass.

OMG, sounds like a pretty good idea. It would work in our interest probably, but with my luck the insured would call us and not their agents.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com