AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Diamond/Triumh looking for help?

Yes, they pulled out of this area a while back and were so nice to call us yesterday to ask if we would like to assist them by installing a windshield for "their customer". I said it was hard to agree to anything until I knew what they were paying.

They only wanted 50% off list. LMAO !!!! I didn't even wait to hear how low the labor rate was, last time it was $50 flat.

Re: Diamond/Triumh looking for help?

Yes lets all replace w/s for D/T untill they get back on their feet again. Then they can take all their customers back again.
I think list +10% and 75.- an hour labor would be fair.

When you speak of fair and DT in the same sentence, it's just creepy you have to remember all the years they helped erode the pricing structure which cost all of us money. So I think the mark up should be just a little more. Love the comment about helping them until they can get up and running, and ruining again!

Diamond/Triumph will burn in hell before they get any assistance from me. "Excuse the language Webmaster" Couldn't help myself!!

No need to sugar coat it Glass Lady.

Whew!! . Thought I was in trouble there for a minute! LOL!!

Glass Pro had the BALLS to come in my shop one day last week when i went to get lunch for the guy and ask them if they needed a job.My asst manager told them to get the Hell out of here before I got back.

BG, are you saying that your competition came into your shop while you were there and when you left they tried to recruit your techs? Under what premise did they say they were at your shop to begin with? Just curious, is it a local company, or a national chain? Haven't heard of them down here in dixie. Oh and by the way, congrats on the loyalty of your staff...it says something about you and the way you treat them, that they made you proud and ran the buttwipes off!

I think they are in South Carolina,Tennesee,Arkansas Oklahoma,Texas,Mississippi.Maybe more states I don't know.I am glad that I have loyal techs.In this part of the country if a tech quits and trys to goto another company other companys will not hire them.I would not hire another tech from the same area.

Hawk they ar 90 miles away and try to run in here 1 day a week

Doggone right they're lookin for help-Earlier this year they announced that there wiil be no raises for anyone until sometime in 07-Now, that's one positive message, isn't it??

You mean they run a service/installation route in your area once a week? Why would customers wait a week for service, hell around here they want it yesterday if they order it tomorrow.

I would work for Diamond, at least they would pay for benefits unlike the lowlife I work for now.

I worked for D/T, in fact I was trained at D/T. The reason I left was the same "no raise" stuff that Glass Pro is pulling. D/T is not totally bad, you just have to know how to get what you want from them.

i shouldn' say he's a lowlife becuase he doesn't pay benefits...that has nothing to do with it...I would just like to go to work and not listen to him complain about money, the autoglass industry, and how crappy it is. maybe diamond would be a good place for a technitian that just wants to do a good job instead of being told how to do it cheaper and faster.

Lance

You need to start your own company. Try paying your techs everthing YOU want and please try not to complain about this industry when doing it.

Dearest Lance,

My experience has been that D/T wants that glass slapped in as fast as possible. Around here, anyway, quality seems to be a word missing from their "Webster's Dictionary" - Desk Edition - don't cha know... ---- There are some of us out here, though, that do want and stress quality in spite of the low-ballers and hack shops.... We have survived this long and hopefully, we can be around a lot longer ---- at least until I retire ((she said selfishly)

I think that most of us are finding that, irregardless of what D/T chooses to say that they are going to do, (I can only speak for my area) their methods of obtaining jobs and their quality of installation has remained the same. I am speaking of what I am finding with their pricing, and what my customers are telling me of their experiences with D/T. That and the re-do's that I go out and fix (correctly).

GlassLady
How do you charge when you go out and fix the problem?Do you charge by the job and milage?

I generally charge labor, that depends on how intensive the job is, plus materials and if they are willing to have us stop and take care of them when I am already in the area, I don't charge for mileage. I charge enough to cover myself but use a little common sense when it comes to mileage. I know that I can get it, but when we go back to re-so something, the customer is usually so happy to have the problem resolved that they will refer us to others and that in itself is a nice plus.

I have 1 shop in Oklahoma City and I have never heard of Glass Pro, Now I do know that at one point D.T had talked about moving out but when Safelite went 80-90% mobile only in that market DT decided to stay .I dont know why they would stay, the district manager ( Frankie) had run that shop in the ground with low ball prices and hack jobs.

I would like a litle more info on glass pro's coverage in Oklahoma.

By the way I never worked for DT but I knew few of the techs really well ,they used to work for me and I had dinner and drinks with Frankie a few times.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com