AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sunday work

just wondering how many shop out there on on sunday.
i for one open on sunday on call.

Re: sunday work

We dont work weekends anymore unless its a call out for an account than we charge a emergency service call fee. My guys and our families like the extra time off but if we got to go out on the weekends the service call fee goes to the tech for his time.

And on the seventh day he rested. If God rested the seventh day after an easy thing like creating the world. I am surely taking off the seventh day after dealind with Insurance companies and TPAs for six daus.

We moved 16 months ago. It's been 7 days a week for 16 months. Sat and Sun are catch up days as we have too much work to handle Mon - Fri. Plus we just got the glass bending oven operational and have orders for curved glass. I turn down and refer jobs to near-by shops as I can't handel them all. This weekend we finished up jobs for The King of Queens, George Lopez, and Vanished. Smith and Transformers will be bringing in car's Monday. We don't advertize and won't do body shop or insurance work, no money in them.

Lee- Must be cool though knowing you have worked on those vehicles. The only famous vehicle we have done
was the original big foot in the early 80's(befor all the fiberglass and lexan) and than we worked on a few tour buses for some country bands like Little Texas (we cut& installed some mirrors in the bus) and than we installed the windshields in Toby Keith's bus and sold them two cases of glass cleaner. T.K. was the only one that would allow us to take pictures of his bus (but not him)we did however get free t-shirts , tickets and autographed photos for the may 3rd 1999 tornado benefit show he done in Oklahoma City. He slept in the back while we done the work on his bus.

We work 24/7, 365. Not something I would recommend for most, because you can go in to serious burn out mode. Most of the shops around here are open until at least 12 on Saturdays and close on Sunday. I am not officially open on Sunday, but when I leave, I foreward my phone lines to my cell phone. I have taken jobs at 5:30 am and 10:30 pm. Took a LYNX job at 5:50 this morning. I guess it all depends on where you are at and what your market demands.

Glass Lady if you are not Superwoman , which we all are to a degree LOL....you have to be on the way to burnout or you just really love your work, one more possibility you're working toward early retirement . I'm definitely impressed by the hours you kepp, I couldn't do it.
M-F - 8 to 5, and I'm sooo ready for the weekend. Just make sure to find some time for yourself in there somewhere, pamper yourself you deserve it!

Hawk, Nope, deffinately NOT superwoman!! LOL!! When I started this business, I jumped in with both feet and with my eyes wide open, knowing that, as comptetitive as this market is, I was going to have to give 150% to make this work. I have been at it for a few years now, and while I do have my "Calgon take me away" day's. If I had to do it all over again, I WOULD. Might have started with a little more capial to make things a little easier, but I still would have done it. I love having my own business, responsibilites, headaches and all and while I do occasionally go in to burn out mode, I manage, with a day away, to keep on going. Besides, there is one competitor that swore to all of my customers that they would shut my doors within 6 months, (I'M STILL HERE) LOL!! THAT much is a matter of principle!! Hey, I hang in there!!

I guess that competitior should have thought twice before putting forth a challenge like that, just makes you more determined! Now make my day and tell me you've managed to attract and keep at least a couple of his customers. Glad to hear you take a day away, and that you've got the common sense to know when that day is due. LOL

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com