AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
statefarm strikes again

This is the second time that a customer has informed me that ,they received a letter from statefarm,stateing,that,the next time you file a glass claim,you must call your agent or the 800# first.You should not have used the shop you went to.They are not on our approved list.Don't do it again.
Sounds like another form of steering.Have tried to get copy of said letter,but customer would rather stay out of it.Call the agent,they have one,i'm told.
I also think that crosses the gray line a little for freedom of choice.

Re: statefarm strikes again

how could you possibly consider that steering, and from your good neighbor? The letter is actually more intimidating for the next time, instead of steering, that will come later. ha ha.

the customers i have had that recieved those letters consider it more of an unofficial butt chewing from state farm. I have several copies from our customers, they didn't apprpeciate the letter either.

Actually from our standpoint, the insurance company is there to pay them for their loss and that is all.

this is another tail wagging the dog situation, i'm sure doctors are asking how it came to this also. we have allowed the perception of insurance to be radically changed over the years, into allowing the insurance to handle the whole process. people have lost their power over the situation and don't even realize it.

I think you hit the nail right on the head Raplh!

Doctors are in the same boat as glass installers...we should all get together and rebel!!!!!!!!

there are differences when it comes to dr.s. i have read that they were promised more volumn to overcome the pricing they were also giving up, similar to the way networks were introduced into glass and body shops.

on thing in our favor is that auto insurance is not written like HMO, PPO policies.

Yep, it took about one week of working here (my first entry into ins game) to figure out why you sit in the waiting room for over an hour for your appt with the Dr., they have to overbook to make any money. I look at the "claim processed" notice I get everytime I go to the Dr. and I've noticed things like "your Dr billed 106.00, Insurance paid 36.00, your provider has agreed to acccept this as full payment....jeez louise! I shall never complain about wait time again. Once a few years ago I had waited about 1.5 hours in the lobby, then another half hour in exam room....by the time Dr entered I was
because I had no idea. I cussed the poor man out, refused to pay and left. Now I feel guilty, I should look up his address and send him a check with interest attached. LOL

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com