AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
price increase

So now you will pay more for your PPG/FYG and PPG/XYG and PILK/FYG and PILK/XYG glass. They say they care about quality but I for one don't see it.

Re: price increase

If you want XYG than call Gary Lee at Northstar and stop paying the over priced PPG prices. I remember not even 10 years ago ppg wouldnt even stock FYG or PPG . I guess they file the glass dumping charges and then tell these guys hey we will help get the tarif dropped if you give us a special discount.Now look what happened a w/s (XYG) that you could buy 3-4 years ago from N.S. for $35-$40 is now $65-70 or more from PPG. PPG can kiss my .I wont even buy from PPG or Pilk and if you ask me I think its just a way for the big guys to price fix. Raise the prices and drive out the small mom& pop and mobile only guys.

Ah -ag ,, so now you want to drive out us small ma pa shops,,,, you r a popus,,, whatever!

OPPPS sorry AH-AG I reread the post, it was not you, but you were saying the dist. are trying to run us ma pa out,,,,, sorry, I was fixated on your other post about them darn peterbuilts. I still wanna see you and you 9yr old do them in 5-10 min,,,,
that's with a proper seal!!again opps sorry

What's Gray from Northstar's number?

Yes, what is his #? I have heard of the company but have never dealt with them. Where are they located?

They are located in Wichita Kansas. I have known these guys since their begining. Gary Lee is the boy. His dad is the one who started Northstar. I used to buy from them, but they started a couple of retail's and will install windshields from $75.00. They have really screwed this market up. I have been in this market since Feb. 1987. Here is the phone number,
316-263-0415

Oh great, they wholesale and retail. They get you coming and going.

I checked with them, their pricing is no lower than PPG. Don't think so!

Gee, when you see their ad in AGRR, they don't mention that they also install. Wonder why?

Just like SGC, they wholesale with Service and Retail with their shops.

Just can't see buying from what may be my competitior. Doesn't make much sense, IMHO

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com