AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Alliance Claims Solutions

Anyone heard of or done work for this company? Looking for info on their track record paying on claims, etc.......

Re: Alliance Claims Solutions

I've heard the name, but am of no help I haven't dealt with them or know anyone who has. How about GlassComp, Inc you know anything about them, we've just signed up with them in order to do Cotton States we have 2 local offices we get quite a bit of work from, they used to have a deal with DT, $291 any glass part labor included, if you couldn't meet that you had to pass it on to DT, we almost always have been able to accomodate at the previous rate, you'd break even because sometimes you'd get a door glass that cost 38.97, and paid $291. not bad. Now they have a new deal with GlassComp @ -10%/$98 FL/$24 Kit, best part you fax invoices they say they pay every 2 weeks no fees for paper invoice. It all sounds pretty good to me, how bout you? Anyway I just got my first claim I'll let you know how it goes on the payment turnaround.

Iowa Glass owns Alliance Claims Solutions. Started up around 4 years ago or so I think. Typically, at first they paid fair, quick, and easy to get approval for net parts, etc. Now I liken them to SGC, or worse. At least in our market, the "allowable" pricing has deteriorated so bad I wouldn't touch one of their claims.

We deal with them quite a bit. They generally pay within 30 days.... Every so often we refuse a job, because the pricing is bad. Happy to say that doesn't happen very often. Also, if you need additional approval for something, they do it right away and fax you a new dispatch form.... Definitely not the worst out there.

IB: You must sweet talk to them...

Dearest Glasssgod,
It's all in the schmooze. And Darlin' you know that I'm just about the sweetest thing out here. (she said with the slightest hint of a southern drawl)

Even though I have the reputation of Baby Jane.

No dispatches, no referral #s, no claim #s, (not without an act of congress), every delay trick in the book, every hoop to jump through you can think of, deals direct with insurers for their own shops, direct marketing by agents to consumers for the 'better than normal' prices they get.

I would call them a "network".

I wonder how come the naughty language filter isn't pulling out that seven letter word?

IB...Southern Wisconsin?

Thanks for all the tip's! I just took my first job for them. They tried to go in at 25 off -20 kit -35 flat labor. Thought it was SGC at first! LOL!! (Venture van- DW 1432/ net priced) Anyway, I told them that wasn't happening in this lifetime, (in a very professional way of course ) and the guy asked me what I needed. By the time we negotiated price, I was happy and he is getting his job done. I was more concerned with their track record with payment since I haven't done anything for them as yet.

WOW We were given 35 hourly not flat. They pay us within 30 days. Barely get anything from them. A few here and there. They are just like any other network basically. Their people are just a tad bit better!

Don'/t panic, You took Cotton States from DT? Way to go girl!! They have had that account from waaay back, and they were sooooo proud of it!!

Glasssgod---- yes. sad to say that whenever i talk to anyone from home they can't seem to resist mentioning my accent...... See, where i come from anything east of the Mississippi is considered an eastern state.... mid-west is Colorado........

and by the way..... haven't you figured out who i am yet?

No we didn't take it from them, they managed to loose it own their own. Now Cotton States is using GlassComp, Inc. and the insureds can choose their own provider. So but the rates are same no territory breakdown or anything like that. Hell I wish we had that kind of power. there's one you can market to Cotton States, of course if you get out of the South for all I know there may not be any Cotton States(lol).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that they are only Kentucky and south.

Glass Lady, I was dealing with S@$ that's my sign for you know who , regarding a dealer molding and instead of what had always happened in the past them asking for POP and offering 12% over cost, they actually asked me as you put it "what did I want" well I fell right out of my leather chair onto the tempered glass chair mat I roll around on , that's what I want, what we all want just to make a decent profit on our investment, cover the overhead, make payroll, just simple things like that.

IB: YOU WERE THERE WHEN I WAS THERE, RIGHT?

yup! i am happy to say that i have aged gracefully and as my husband says i just have a little more booty than i used to.... but not that much.....

it's getting weird out here. isn't it? everybody is so cranky..

gotta say. you make me laugh....always did... thanks for that

My boss is super-ass cranky

he does have his moments.... you guys are the perfect combination....

good grief! sounds like i'm getting all dr. phil on you.......

Don't/panic, I have generally taken whatever companies say their rates are, but when he gave me that pricing, I thought, either I'm going to get more or someone else can have it. Just wasn't worth it. I have to admit, I almost fell out of my chair too when he said that. It was really kind of nice. LOL!!

Oldcastle people are funny!

never worked for Old Castle...

When Alliance calls us, which they don't do much anymore, they usually try to give us some lowball price, which we won't accept, and they say you'll have to bill direct and we say, yep that's right we will and thank you very much! Once in a while we will do a chip or 2 for them, cause thats still priced fair. but we don't accept less then 50.00 for repairs. I heard they got caught some years ago charging the ins co about 280 something more than what they paid the glass shop who did the work. They're mostly crooks!

Alliance sends me alot of work and they have shops in my town, they pay quick, and are nice people. I did not even read the post above this as i am sure they are all negative.

Larry

i have had alliance call, and when i tell them i am not able to do the work for the price they are giving me, they tell me to bill the insurance company direct.

GLASSGOD: Coolidge? or Lurie?

hoffers

Dont answer that glassgod.Way to close to know those things,trust me.

They just found out who you are,so whatch out what you say,they are your main competitor and alot who you complain about. I am on your side slick.

He maybe sly but so am I!!!

We don't compete with low ballers, I could care less who knows who I am.

Now that I know where you work,I will be putting pressure on you.thanks

Wow!

Hey Glassincs
This is not a forum for threats real or unreal. If you want to play that game go elsewhere.

You must not have much going on with your own business if you have time to play these silly games!

Hoffer's is out of business goofball.

Wow, this thread has totally lost me , we've gone from Alliance Claims to personal threats. I think alot of it may be in the timing, people think things are directed at them when they are not.
Can't we all just get along LOL?

Glasssgod, -- this is the real IB -- i have no idea who "IB inside" is so puhleeeeeeze don't confuse us --

Glassinc - Was that in fact a threat? ---- how could knowing where any of us work possibly matter? -- The truth is that in each of our areas we all know who the competition is ... Many of us have worked with each other.... The fact that some of our past co-workers work for some of the less ethical companies is really no reflection on them..... you work where you can......

IB I knew that, I know better...glass is thicker than water!!!

I work for dt.thanks

Just kidding.lurie.Its wink dude!!

WINK --- shouldn't you be filling out your trip sheet?

No,I think I will huff some primer,Thanks southern girl.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com