AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2001 AUDI A-4

Doing a FW 2262 tomorrow and I've never done one before, any tips on saving the side moldings?

Re: 2001 AUDI A-4

EXACT SAME SHIELD AS 96-99, JUST NEED UPPER, GRAVY.

Glassgod,
Thanks, don't know why, but I was sweatin that one! LOL!!

Glass Lady...'01 could be a FW823 also (goes by VIN # according to NAGS but you need an actual catalog to decode w/s). I actually have one of each on our rack right now. The 2262 is GY, 823 is GG, VIN notch on both are identical/same location. Need upper is all, the "Y" must be the funky mirror bracket.

Thanks for the additional info. I believe the Y is the mirror bracket.

Warn customer about side mlds(or cover yourself). We have had some here that disintegrate taking them off.

I did, already told the customer that there is the possibility that the side moldings MAY need to be replaced which would be additional. One major rule of thumb, COVER YOUR $%&%%^$#. The moldings may be fine, but I am always up front with my customers so they know what the worst case scenario is. Besides, the tech looks great when everything goes according to plan!! LOL!

The FW2262 can be used weither it calls for FW823 as the only diffence is the mirror button is 3/4 of an inch lower to accomodate the wire shroud thou some FW2262 do not have the wires they still call for the FW2262! The only time I have had to get side moldings are if it was done before and they were urethaned down by previous install! I would love to do these all day long! Here is a slick trick on them if the molding retainer rail is close to the glass remove it there are four rivets and the rail will come right off these cut out like butter even if the rail is close! Audi are one of my favorite vehicles for glass !!!!!

Sorry make sure you rivet the rails back on before installing the glass as you will make either a mess or hit the glass while riveting it back on!

Hey guy's,
Thanks for all the great tips!!! Sounds like it's not going to be a problem. Have a great evening!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com