AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EDI Rejects due to NAGS List changes

It seems everytime NAGS alters the list prices we have a few invoices that were dispatched and completed before the change date but don't get EDIed until after the date. Consequently when we do send them in they get REJECTED by LYNX due to incorrect list prices which we can't change to reflect the list from the day before. We end up having to fax them in for $7.50 each! I'm not sure if the same problem occurs with Safelite or not.

Does anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it?

THANKS for any feedback.

Re: EDI Rejects due to NAGS List changes

I do. & try to get someone to see your side of the dilema... The sad truth is that the $7.50 is actually less than the cost of trying to make them see how totally unfair they are.... That's if you can find a human being to talk to... & they're so programmed that if you interupt them in the middle of their schpeel, they trip on their tongue and have to start all over again.......... gotta admit. I love doing that.... especially to Safelite.....

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/2036554146/show/602032

IB...Should I come over and fix your problems?

I've never had a reject when billing as long as you use the list price in effect on the day of the dispatch or referral. And you shouldn't have to fax it in after one mistake, I pull it back up in my EDI module change what their complaint is about and resend. They will accept (3) EDI attempts to get it right before they request a fax, and rob you of your 7.50. Does everyone know that S@$ now deducts 0.5% for cutting a paper check for payment of invoices, seems like small change, 1.75 on 350., but it would add up. We went on EFT last year, seem to get paid a bit faster, however the electronic "checks/deposits" are never for more than 3 to 4 invoices max, as opposed to pre EFT when we'd get checks for payment of 8-15 invoices. It's hard to build capital getting paid 1 or 2 $3??.?? invoices at a time.

we have not seen sgc take any percentage for paper checks. I don't know if that is legal, hmm. We keep a paper copy of all invoices, now I wonder how do you track when your invoices are paid if it is direct to your bank, and that they are paid in full or not when they are grouped? I for 1 do not and will not trust any tpa with direct activity to my bank account. Someone please explain how you keep track of fully paid invoices when using EFT. or what you wait until end of month statements from your bank and then try to sort it out??? Doesn't make sence to me but I'm old. Also you should have 3 times to edi before any 7.50 fee as stated.

Glasssgod... I don't think even you can fix my problems.... but it would be a kick to see you again... i'll be the one in the cell on the southwest corner of the building......

Yeah why not just Re-EDI it? If you were using a good comapny like elmo you could do it multiple times, (as i am sure most companys could?) I am sure Edirectglass will be the next message chiming in they do it also :)

It's very simple to track payments we are on EFT with SGC & Lynx. You just log on to website (secure) and for Lynx there is a tab on left EFT/CHECKS, just click on it and it'll show the most recent, as well as the past 6 or 7 electronic checks deposited, when you click on the check it'll open another page which shows individual invoices and amounts, you can download in spreadsheet form or just print out the page. Similar with SGC just log on hover over invoices and click on the paid option, and you'll get the last 6-7 checks deposited now SGC goes by referral date so if you have one thats late you can change the search dates to include the referral date of the late invoice. Then I give it 2 days and go online to the company bank account and verify the deposit. It's very easy and as I stated before, I've had only one latepay from SGC since going on EFT, and none from Lynx. Every deposit they show has been made, usually posts one day after it shows up on website. I've had no problems, and they did send out a fax stating they would begin deducting .05% on paper checks, maybe they found out they couldn't legally do it? Who Knows?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com