AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1969 Olds backglass

We are looking for a used backglass for a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutless #442 2 door. We have phone #'s where to obtain them new but do not want to spend $3-400.00. The part # is DB3998. Most salvage yards around here do not have anything older than a 1990. Thanks for your help.

Re: 1969 Olds backglass

Try paul at ps autoglass,they have a huge inventory of new and used,1-866-565-9557.They sell and ship to shops all the time.

LOL glassnig ... what a name....

Try, www.car-part.com

Auntie Glass
So sorry you don't want to spend the money for a back glass for this car. Why? Is your customer on welfare? Someone with one of these cars should be able to spend a few bucks for a glass. Or do you think you can get a glass for $50.00? If you want we can ask the posters here to chip in for you and help you get a glass. Let us know. WE want to help you. Don't we?

Used DB3998's probably clear can supply from a few places within 3-5 days if interested.
We are up to several thousand classic and antique glass parts in stock. Currently having glass made for us. Lee is right though on this one, not a big difference for used vs new..
Give me a call 877-345-2800 for a freight rate and del time.

Lee, I agree w/your response. It is so funny when people with 20,000.00 dollar hot rods and resto-jobs aren't willing to spend a few hundred bucks on one of the most important asthetic pieces of the puzzle. Dudes walk in here with so much bling on their necks and hands, driving a Land Rover or Lexus, ask for a quote on custom cut to their pattern and installed in their frame windshield for 1930 Dodge hot rod and poop in their shorts when you tell 'em 200.00 bucks.

GlassGod you know how you avoid that? Dont work on that old **** and you wont have to listen to it! I do not work on anything past 1980 its all rusted butyled up ****

It's just cutting lami to a pattern...good $$$ in it and very easy it gives me something to do inbetween posts.

**SIGH***I remember when 1980 was one of those new high tech cars.***SIGH***

O.K. here is the skinny on things.
Customer calls to have w/s & b/g removed(and saved),we did.Brought back to the shop to store for him.
4 years pass and my husband(the bright one; he says)decided to clean shop. unable to reach our customer the bright one,throws them away.Two days ago the customer calls and wants his OLD glass back(just our luck).
Customer is a backyard do-it yourself guy.no money to speak of.just wants to drive a fast car.
And we did find one for $100.00.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com