AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rivet gun for Lexus

Any info on the rivet gun needed to attach the side moldings on 05 Lexus LX470? Thanks

Re: Rivet gun for Lexus

I've never done one, but let me ask if the side mouldings are similar to the Camry..FW2018??
if that's the case, then a ordinary hand sized rivet gun should work. ( i wouldn't recommand BIG DADDY rivet gun), but if the shank of the rivet fits your gun, use it. Plz don't re-install it using 'oversized
phillips screws'. i see SOOOOO many of those on the camrys i just wanna cry.
sorry if that doesn't help, but, like i said, i've never done one.

Regular ole rivet gun

I second glasssgods response. standard hand rivet gun, use same size shank as factory.

We keep 'em on hand from Lexus, need for the GS and LX's

I think your wrong, there is a special rivit gun for the lexus that he is speaking of that allows you to go b/t the windhsield and the molding, NOT AT ALL like a camry....

PPG sells it dood has a way smaller head that swivels

Do you have the part number, Bachman. I have been looking for one for a long time. Its impossible to rivet the side trim back on a Lexus/Toyota Landcruiser without one. All of the standard rivet guns are too wide.

Email me i will give you the email for the dood at ppg that found it for me... his name is john.. (at call center tx)

Those "oversized" screws are Cheater screws for door glasses and they seem to work perfectly for the Camrys. If they fit why not use them?

I come from a place where the proper rivet gun was not supplied nor were new rivets, so its the only option I've ever had. I'm interested to learn your reasons for not doing it.

Bachman Auto Glass
I've heard of a DUDE, Whats a DOOD???

take the next biggest rivet guide, put the rivet in it, put the rivet in the gun and squeeze, the extra length does the trick.

We used a regular gun and a hair size bigger rivet. The trim pieces went on perfectly.

I sent you an email i meant to post it here but Der i forgot

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com