AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
State Farm

I got a question in general.. on rotation what # of jobs coem from non generate work???

Re: State Farm

Please tell me what you mean by "rotation" and "non generate work".

I'm not sure about the actual percentage, but, according to LYNX, when the insured calls in with a claim, they pull up the insured's zip code, which gives them a list of AGR co's in the insured's area. They go with the top 3 AGR's on the list and if the insured chooses one of them, they go ahead and process with the AGR. Supposedly, at that point, that shop goes to the bottom of the list and when the next insured call's, Lynx pulls up the next 3 AGR's. And, so on, and so on. If on the other hand, when the insured calls, they know who they want to do the work, that AGR is contacted and they are supposed to go to the bottom of the list of AGR's in that zip code. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this, but this is the info I was given by Lynx. According to them, MOST insured's know who they want to use when they call in. . It's pretty much a lottery. I know this didn't directly answer your question, but I hope it was of some help.

yes that is what i meant glass lady, like how many jobs do you get that you did not go out and beat down somones door to get :) i like to call them accidental dispatches or luck of the draw.. :)

I am at appx. 90% - 10%. The 10% being jobs from rotation.

According to them MOST customers know who they want when they call in,,,, hmmm, last I heard the tpa's are ALL saying the vast majority of customers DO NOT HAVE A PREFFERANCE!. thats how they get away with 99% of the steering. This rotation crap is ToTaL BS. If enough shops would just say NO the whole thing would collapse in a very short time period! get jobs the old fashioned way,,,, earn them!

Again, I am simply going by what I was told by Lynx. Didn't say that I believed it. Just going by the sheer volume of people in the area I'm in, it's not even possible that I would get that few on rotation. Does't make a lot of sense, does it? What about everyone else? What kind of percentage do you guys (and ladies) get?

We only get the customers that are persistant, and loyal, and insist repeatedly, they want our shop. But most of our customers are very loyal and trust us. It's a good thing. also,, we get enough. Ain't gettin rich, but we're still payin the bills! We even get a beer at the end of a long day,,, whoopie!

Glass Lady,

You have the facts correct except that when an insured has an AGR shop preference it does not affect the rotation. For example, your shop is in line to be one of the next 3 offered and an insured calls up from your shop and tells the CSR that they are using you, you do not lose the rotation slot. The next call that falls in the rotation area will include your location.

You also need to consider that your shop may be on many rotations at the same time, not just one. The shop selection program goes out in circles from the insureds area code and prefix and draws in shops regardless of county, state, etc. Look at an area code and prefix map and you'll get an idea how many you touch.

I'm right there with you, not getting rich, but the bills are paid and I'm looking for more deductions for taxes at the end of the year.

The question of how the TPAs establish customer preference is more difficult to answer. I don't think that it is as straightforward and the insured having a clear idea of what shop they want to use. More likely it is the selection of one of the three offered by recognition. "Oh, I know them from the Yellow Pages/drove by the shop/used them before/agent said to use them"

I think you probably have a very valid point there.

M,
Thanks for the additional info. It has me even more confused though. Not the info, that made perfect sense, but if that is the case, I should certainly be getting more work from rotation.

Several years ago we were on Lynx. If we were lucky, we got a rock chip ever three months. If there was a rotation, we rotated from one side of the bottom to the other. We are off Lynx and happy to be so. Neon does us a great job.

Neon gets you work??? That's a first.

Hey Larry-forget about Lynx sending you unassigned jobs in great numbers; your sales reps or marketing should be effecting the number of jobs from Lynx. Here is how it happens in my neck of the woods: The customer talks to their local agent first, customer asks the local agency for a referral, the customer then requests the company that the local agent or their staff has recommended when they 3way call with Lynx. Customer almost never talks to Lynx before first talking with their SF agent about "how" and Whom" to use to replace their glass. (went to Prostars CE with you in Dallas)

It would just about appear that we have steering in one form or another from all sides.

Assuming that the rotation system works honorably, and is above reproach for the moment, I would ask what authority Lynx, or any network, has to 'rotate' jobs among shops in the first place, let alone to only member shops, and who exactly gave them that authority to direct or rotate any level/amount of commerce in any way?

Assuming that the system is not honorable, and not above reproach for the next moment, I would ask the same question, only a lot louder.

Just askin'.

I'm new to the industry as well. Is Neon a claims manager like Lynx? What's the dif?

Neon (Nebraskas Own Network) is simply a billing service whereas LYNX is a Third Party Administrator or TPA.
LYNX handles the claim from first notice of loss, verifies the coverage with the insurance company (usually electronically and in real time), handles the interaction between the insured, the AGR shop, and the insurance company, and processes the billing on behalf of the insurance company.

As a billing service, NEON operates after the fact and must negotiate with the insurance company to recover the amount invoiced by the AGR shop. They may also provide an EDI conduit to the TPAs similar to the POS software companies.

i'm not a hundred percent sure that is an accurate description of NEON.

i would encourage anybody to contact neon and get the information straight from them.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com