AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hey Porky!

What can you tell us about Belron in the UK?

Re: Hey Porky!

You had me stumped for a bit there, I now realise Belron is the parent company of Autoglass over here in Blighty. Belron is a name you don't really hear over here.

Autoglass is one of the big three national companies in Britain. They also own the biggest glass supplier called Laddaw. In Britain we don't order glass from the manufacturers. It's either from one of four third party glass supplier or from a dealership. Also there is a different glass numbering system, the Argic code instead of your DW, FW system. Autoglass have a presence in all the major towns and cities. They concentrate mostly on insurance work. They are a very modern company with all the best/new equipment. They do shop work but mostly mobile, with 7 to 8 jobs per fitter per day. From what I know the pay isn't bad with a set basic and a bonus per job. They do a bit of bodyshop work, but not in Coventry! I've got that stitched up!!

Hope that was of some help! If not try: www.autoglass.co.uk

Sorry for taking so long to reply but I only really use the internet in the morning and there is a hell of a time difference!

Belron is freakin' huge!

They don't have much in the US, but internationaly they are HUGE! They own glass shops in about every country on the planet!

Porky,

Is the Argic code a numbering system or does it set list prices?

AG Ninja- Honestly never really heard of Belron!!

M- The Argic code is just for identification of glass. Unless you work for one of the national companies all you get is a large price book(& CD-ROM) from the glass suppliers. I take all my prices from the Laddaws book(Owned by Belron). The other glass supply companies are: Masterglass(shoddy chinese glass), Pughs(not a big range, pricey and non-reliable delivery) and Rejel(limited range, cheap but better for buying consumables).

Here's an example of the Argic code for a Toyota Camry '02. I chose this because I Know they are sold in America.

8337AGNBLMV

8337: Vehicle identification
A: Windscreen
GN: Green tint
BL: Blue top tint/sun strip
M: Moisture/rain sensor
V: VIN window in silk print/frit

Hope this helps!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com