AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
newb questions

trying to start my own business with my brother. I have not been in the w/s industy but my brother has been installing over 11 years but never took on learning any other part of the business. I have jobs ready to go but there all on the SGC network and I'm not sure how tho get a autorization #. Do I call the policy holders insurance company or do I need to contact SGC? I can not find a phone # for SGC. Can someone be kind enough to give me a phone number. I'm on lynx and sent in for SGC over 2 week with no response. Can anyone give me some advice

Re: newb questions

Not trying to be rude but if your brother has been in th industry for 11yrs and dont know the biz side or how to handle Insurance work you might want to rethink this thing a little. You both might want to check in to the myclassglass.com or some other type of training calss.

to do work for SGC you first must have a biz permit and then your customers have to call the insurance company/Network and DEMAND that you guys do the work becasue otherwise they will steer the customer else where.
GOOD Luck

AH-A/G
well the only thing I know from reading all the forms here and other sites is it doesn't matter what you do with SGC there is alway going to be steering, But I want to know is do I do a three way call with the P.H. to there insurance or to the SGC Network???????????????????????

you have to call safelite with the insured on the line

wouldntyouliketoknow

does anyone have the number to call????????????????

Your customer.

There is no 1 # for SGC net,each Ins. co. has a different # to call for Ref. #. usually found on back of insurred's ID card.

thank you all for the imput. I found a couple insurances w/s claim numbers on-line but I wasn't sure if I had to call them or SGC. This question was answered. Thanks again.

i THINK 800 392 7500 might give you all of the options... its been awhile...

Backhman is right. He has the correct # for SGC and ALWAYS make sure you do a 3 way with the insured on the line with you!! You are in for a battle if you don't.

Excuse this mis-spelling of your name there Bachman, I was typing too fast!!

Ta da, dang i am good :)

newb1000

Try calling Troi Miller at Safelite (614-210-9538), as unpleasant as it is to deal with certain aspects of SGC, I've always found Mr. Miller to be very helpful in any situation. As far as invoicing it's free on the SGC website and pretty easy to do, almost fool proof...always have that referral signed by insured you never know when SGC may request a faxed work, I've had em' request them a year later.
Safelite National Call Center, to get individual numbers for different ins co.'s is 800-392-7500, and build your own index of numbers as you get them, SGC will not give you a list. I try never to use my Quest EDI on Safelite, too many ways to mess up. You know the bottom line has to be entered as CNT misc part and Signature under part number, then SIGNATURE ON FILE IN DESCRIPTION on regular EDI, at least my Quest works that way. Best of luck in your business, and by the way try to diversify into flat glass, screens, commercial storefront or shower enclosures/doors as soon as possible

Don't panic,
You are right on the money with everything you said there. While we all have our issue's with SGC, I have found Troi Miller to be a genuinely nice person and no problem at all to deal with.

thanks everyone for the info..

Try calling neon at 402 223-4700. You don,t even need to use Lynx or Safelite unless you just want to. Neon works for you and doesn't try to take something away from you.

um dont forget the small matter of the 500,000.00 liability insurance policy. or do you need that if you do not sign thier contract. if you dont you can be sure that scg will warn your customer that you are not a preferd shop and the w/s will not be coverd by a national warranty and the insured will have to pay any difference in price that is deemed not reasonable by the all powerfull ins. industry
have a nice day

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com