AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IF your going to Touch it do not let anyone take a picture...

I a recent story i read on glassbytes.com http://www.dailymail.com/display_photo.php?iid=18449 it shows one guy wearing nitrle glove holding a suction cup the other gentlemen is not wearing gloves and has his hand all over the frit, right on the pass side were an airbag would be deployed against. Good work guys... next time wear gloves :)

Re: IF your going to Touch it do not let anyone take a picture...

Come on Larry the guy is palming the edge. If you look closely, blow up the picture, take you magnifying glass out and look before you pontificate.
BTW the guy is old school and "careful".

Careful=Gloves
Absolutely No excuses

"Old School" = BS Excuse

yeah tell the people that were on 20/20 or 60 mins i watched the video of the triumph guy "palming" the windshield, if your gonna do it even half way sensible PUT ON THE GLOVES!!! One guy obviously has them on!! There is absolutely no excuse. Tell a family you just carefull when the glue does not stick on the pass side of a car and there launched 20 foot in front of the car cause the air bag blows the windshield out. We as an industy need to be more consiencious (sp) and think about that we put peoples lives in our hands every day.

I can see your point about wearing gloves, but i have a feeling we are starting to reflect society in general these days. Maybe we should have some crash tests with people who wear gloves vs. people who don't. ha ha. People get all bent out of shape over the littlest things, but are willing to overlook some of the big issues.

when was the last time you saw a kid riding a bike without a helmet. We are going to protect ourselves to death pretty soon. Almost seems like i read somewhere that kids these days don't get exposed to flus and bugs and dirt anymore, so their immune systems are actually weaker than when we were kids.

you gotta eat a few bugs every now and then.

I sure don't want to eat the bug that has the dead customer attached to it after the accident!!

Nitrile gloves are for the tech's safety.

I would like to see that test also, i am not saying that I know it causes a problem. I am however saying as an industry we have a responsibilty to our customers. let a few of these idiots have 10 million $$ lawsuits and next thing you know were all un-insured or it costs 10,000 + a year for liabilty cause some unknowing or just lazy ******* did not follow directions.. I always wear gloves, all the time always have, sure i hate the cost and sweaty hands but my sweety loved my clean fingernails :)

If touching the glass is so critical then why didn't 20/20 crash test the car ? Maybe they were afraid it would pass. If touching the glass is so critical then why isn't there a specific amount of minimum contact area per linear foot of glass ? I see some imports with very little urethane (audi) and others (gm)with double the urethane. So if both cars have 100 linear bonded inches or however you want to measure it then a few finger prints wont matter.

How many cars a year do you encounter that the w/s pushes out easily with very little effort ? These cars often have the original w/s.

Why doesn't anyone seem to care about lug nuts being torqued ? or anything that can CAUSE a accident.

I think people do torque lugs, and a tire falling off and you getting thrown from your car and having your car run over you and your half dead body stuck under an exahust pipe cooking till your dead are quite different.. and BTW anywhere i have even been has made me come back after like 20-50 miles for a retourque...

I always where gloves. I use two or three pairs of disposable gloves on an install. It keeps you from getting greasy prints everywhere, insures that the glass primer isn't smudged up and as Bachman commented...my wife appreciates it greatly when I'm not at dinner with black hands!

As for 20/20...they are just another arm of the Drive-By media...what the hell do they know!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com