AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dodge Ram H2O Leak

o4 Dodge Ram 1500
Water leak on passenger side from under dash. Put water on top of cowl but not hitting w/s.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Re: Dodge Ram H2O Leak

Is this a result from a replacement or are you being asked to find a leak? Always prove the glass does not leak and go from there.
Where under the dash? Check firewall for non OE wiring or add ons like, antena, stereo; check heater core or air-conditionor assemblys where it mounts to firewall. Does it leak when it rains or does water just appear?
If the water is at the floor side panels it could be from lights on the roof, a bad weld joint, coming down the A-pillar.

Had a few of these that the fresh air vent was not sealed good to the body. Try pulling the cowl off and LOW water pressure around the fresh air intake box. See if it starts leaking. Make sure you don't let it splash or back up into the fresh air intake.

If it is that I always sent it to the body shop from there.

Some vehicles you can shoot undercoating around it and seal it, but on newer ones I usually recommend the body shop.

rarely are leaks from under dash a w/s problem. Check the weep holes under the cowl that lets the water out. They maybe Plugged????water will then get into the heater. Or like streekster said, it could be on the fire wall. eliminate what it isn't,,, good luck!

Thank you all for help.
It was the fresh air vent under cowl.

Sglass,
Did you seal it in shop or send it out to be fixed? Just wondering if you seen a simple way to fix it yourself that I have been missing.

I sent it out. I didn't want to be married to truck.

Good thinking.
Funny how the Auto manufactures can design and build the vehicle. Sell it for big bucks and only give a limited time warranty, then if we work on it(usually trying to fix a bad design of theirs) the whole vehicle becomes our problem from then on in the customers eyes.

We had a b/g a while back leaking couldn't find. Finally installer noticed water in light on back of cab. Had an antenna wire run between light and cab causing problem.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com