AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SGC PRICING FOR ALLIED & NATIONWIDE

Looks like we won't be doing any work for Allied and Nationwide ins co's. -18%???? not around here, I'll let someone else lose $$$$$$. With nags continuing to errode list prices it makes no sence to discount anything!

Re: SGC PRICING FOR ALLIED & NATIONWIDE

-18% off I WISH
Nationwide is up to -37% in our area.

NO WAY 37%, do you accept work from them? If so I hope they pay max for kits and labor.

SGLASS, I DON'T KNOW HOW ANYONE CAN ACCEPT THAT! Nags rebalance was supposed to take care of discounting. why do shops keep accepting the low ball network pricing?? I just won't do it. the worst pricing here in rural mn is -2 from nags, and if it's a net priced part either the ins co or tpa better adjust and be fair or we walk away and let someone else lose $$$. since rebalance our pricing has been from 0 to 166% UP! Iv'e walked away from -2,,, -37???? I'd laugh them off the phone!!!Or when they supply me with free glass then I'd take another look!

In NY on LI there are so many glass installers per square mile if you say no, you do not work. In a 5 mile radious of my location there are 7 AGR shops. SGC mobile Diamond/Triump shop & mobile 3 Legit as possible mobile installers and a few fly by night mobile bottom feeders. How Do You Say No??

Pick and choose is what you do. It also depends on who is referring the work to your shop. If a good dealer refers a poor paying job your way are you going to say no? Helping a good customer comes before greed of profit. In a case where you would go backwards then you would have to say no and explain the pricing with the customer. Most would understand and may help by paying up front and getting reimbursed.
I don't blame most of you for just flat out saying no! Most all of the insurance jobs in our area are billed out at 10% to 37% off NAGS. The labor helps but Net priced parts and dealer parts can be lower profit margins than NAGS pricing. 18% is pretty darn good in my area! I would love that!!

Who pays 166% above?

I'm not sure but I think its that guy Jesus in heaven.

Right at the time of nags wonderful rebalance, do any of you (of course you do),remember all the talk about revenue neutral? well at that time in order to be even close to what was equal to what we were getting then, SGC faxed out a zillion faxes. look back around feb of 05. I don't remember which co paid at +166, (maybe LIB MUT?)I'd have to look back in the pile,(which is about 2 inches high). Am fam started out at +137 and is now +21, many others started out at +144 and have worked thier way to 0 or trying to demand discounts. The main point should be,, if what we were ALL getting say back in 2000, or 2001, or even 2004, was "fair and reasonable" why shouldn't we be getting the same or better NOW???? Nothing else has gone down. I think it's time to push the reset button on INSURANCE PREMIUMS! They need to go down by 70% like nags did to us!!!

I hav an SGC on my desk from Proressive
at -46,30per hr, 15, kit.
And it's a 50minute one way drive.
I called to say I can't go that far for that money.
They told me that I had to call and inform the customer thet my company would not service them.
How am I obligated to their customer?

You're not

I've got 17,25,27,30,35,and -46.
One -10.
So I guess when everyone refuses they won't be steering to send their own affiliated units to do the job? They've got to pay the lawyers some how, right?

This is meant to be serious, not sarcastic. XXX what state are you in? do you want to get out drop me a line i would take 18% off all day long...

I know a lot of one man operations around my area. I wonder how they deal with all of this insurance crap. I have a feeling most of them just hunt the cash jobs that nobody else wants to bother with. Heck, even if they do cost+ $130.00 that would still keep them in the playing field with Diamond and most of the big boys around here. Without a lot of overhead they could probably do 3-4 cash jobs per day and make a decent buck.

i am a one man shop and do lots of insurance work, it isn't too bad. my pricing is cost plus $175, unless the part costs $175 or more than i double the cost, for example if it costs me $200 i sell it for $400.

bqa,

What is your average cost per windshield?

PPG & Old Dominion Glass are the only two distributors in our area. If I became a one man op I would probably have to buy from them. Unless I worked out a deal with Guardian to buy from them, but I don't even know if they do that.

we buy from ppg and they give me a great discount.

AGN Ditto , ODG = Good people.

AGN,
Even with a one man shop, by the time you pay your taxes and workers comp, etc. $130.00 over doesn't give you much. I'm in that kind of market, with all of the big boys out there trying to shut me down. Ain't happenin!!

Why would I pay workers comp on myself? I've been involved with businesses before and if I'm not mistaken workers comp and benies are only req'd if there are more then 2 full time employees. In my case it would be me, myself and I. When I need help with a set I know a number of people I could rely on to be there.

Bachman - I like ODG as well. They seem to have everything you need in stock and they are pretty fast on delivery. PPG seems to drag a lil' bit sometimes.

AGN. In this state, it's one or more employees. You pay workers comp.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com